EPILOGUE

Normal POV

2 months later.....

1 week.......there was only 1 week left before the wedding day. Time passed by so fast. It was only yesterday where Meliodas and Elizabeth met and now, here they were...about to be wedded in 7 days. The preparations were almost done.
Invitations were sent out,
catering has been booked,
venue is perfect and ready to be decorated,
the cake has been pre-ordered,
the wedding car has been early rented,
the tuxedos and bridesmaids' gowns are set including the flower girls and ring bearers,
figurines are polished and displayed,
jewelry is here,
Doves have been bought,
Wine and other drinks were ordered,
Camera crew is set,
make-up artists have been called,
and the bride's gown is ready to be worn
Not to mention Baltra bought Elizabeth a new wheel chair for the big day.
Everything was almost set for the big day. Counting down to that special day made Elizabeth very nervous, happy, and scared....or more like all three mixed emotions. She couldn't believe that she was about to get married soon.

Elizabeth was currently preparing dinner for her and Meliodas. Even with these disabled legs, she's still has the power to do her work. Elizabeth doesn't want to be treated like a precious porcelain doll. She was an independent woman and if cooking shows that she is okay then she doesn't know what is.
"Ha.....all done....." Elizabeth had finished cooking. She set the food on to a movable tray and pushed it in front of  her while sitting on a wheel chair. Elizabeth had already set the table. Everything was ready, now all that's left was her fiancé. "I hope it tastes okay...." Elizabeth was feeling all giddy like a girl meeting her crush all over again.

30 minutes later....

These past weeks, Elizabeth has noticed something strange going on with Meliodas. He starts spacing out when they talk, he's been very busy, and he comes home late even though his work is just in the first floor of this building. Elizabeth was feeling a bit lonely. Whatever could he be doing?  She waited for Meliodas. A frown formed on her face. He wouldn't break his promise right? Meliodas said he will be here....she believes in him. Elizabeth just sat there waiting for him until the food went cold.

20 minutes later...

A tear slipped past her eye as she waited. Nothing...he was late. Elizabeth checked at the time and it was already 7:50 PM. He promised to be home by 7:00 PM. Elizabeth wiped the tears away. "Guess he's not coming at all....." Elizabeth had to eat by herself. This would have been better If Meliodas was here. After that, she proceeded to store the food away and pre-heat it in the morning. Elizabeth pushed the wheels of her wheelchair to the living room. Turning off the lights, She rested her feet on the couch trying to adjust to a comfortable position.

Later that night...

The sound of munching and plates being moved woke Elizabeth. The kitchen lights were on. She did not hesitate to push over there. From the corner, she can clearly see Meliodas stuffing himself with the dinner she made hours ago.
"Meliodas?" He turned to her, his mouth was a bit dirty from the rice.
"El..wi...zwaa...Beth....." He swallowed the food to talk clearly. "I'm sorry I'm late. I was........very busy...with something......" Meliodas didn't specify that part at all.
"Why?"
"Huh?" Elizabeth moved her wheelchair to the kitchen.
"Why?....where have you been?......you say you're busy.....yet you don't tell me what you are so busy with......" Elizabeth's voice was breaking.
Meliodas just stared at her blankly. "Well..about that......" He scratched the back of his head.
"Tell me....." He looked into her eyes desperate to know the answer. Meliodas was silent for a minute. He was debating either to tell her or not. Seeing Elizabeth hurt was the last thing he wanted.