Chapter 11: The Alpha Female

Normal POV

"What the hell is that?" Zaratras and the others stared intently at the Tera cotta figure decorated with Dreyfus' bones.
"I really should thank you for digging up Father's bones." Says Griamore as he caressed the delicate bones. "Now Farher, you shall watch.......as I torture Uncle Zaratras to death...I know you'd love that..." Griamore started talking all mushy gushy in front of it. Doni just made a slight coughing sound.
"Doni, watch over them. I want to polish Father's special machete before I slay them. That way, we can see the blood clearly on the blade." Doni nodded as Grimaore left the room. A few minutes later, the sound of steel being grazed against a rough exterior emitted from the hallway. Griamore was now sharpening the blade.

Meliodas turned his attention to Elizabeth. How the hell are they gonna escape this?
"If only I could reach my sword..." He whispered while staring at his dragon sword displayed at the other side of the room. He needed to get out of here fast. Elizabeth was in so much pain. If one can describe her legs, it would be chicken legs at the moment. Deep fried and cooked to a perfect brownish color. Meliodas bit his bottom lip, Griamore did this to Elizabeth. She was suffering. Soon, she may not be able to walk at all. "Fuck this!" He kept on pulling the chains no matter how bruised his neck was.
Meliodas took a glance at Zaratras, who seems to be smiling for no apparent reason. Meliodas felt suspicious by that look. All of a sudden, Zaratras started chuckling at Griamore. Doni had an annoyed face plastered on.
"What's so funny old man?" Doni didn't hesitate to kick his upper back knocking Zaratras forward. He kept on chuckling. "You........" Zaratras got on his knees. "Now I remember you. Doni from Edinburgh? I remember you clearly...." Looms like Zaratras his a nerve because Doni seemed to react to his words. "You were crushed when I fired you from the job years ago. How many times do I have to tell you boy, copyright is stealing. Recreating my books and print your name on the front is illegal. The police never found you after escaping, now I know why."
"I contributed with the book...and never once did I receive even a small dedication. I LOVED THE DOORIS BOOK." He reasoned.
"No, you were OBSESSED with the book, to the point that you'd rather take what's not yours and make it as your own. Also, what contribution did you ever made in the book? Because from what I remember, you were only a fan....." Zaratras taunted.
"Yeah...you're #1 Fan of all time." He sounded crazy right there....like his mind went into a frenzy of thoughts of how much he loved the story.
"A very obsesses fan at that.." Zaratras muttered. It seems Zaratras hit another nerve in his system. Doni pulled out a gun and aimed it directly at Zaratras.
"I am not OBSESSED..." Spoken like a true mental patient. Doni was indeed obsessed but was too stubborn to admit it.
"Look, Doni......what do you gain from all of this?" That question made Doni freeze. "What is it? Power? My wealth? Fame? The glory? A spot on the Best writers awards?.....what do you really want?......because you can't get any of those when I'm dead."
Zaratras waited for his answer. "To be featured......" He finally said. "I want to be featured.....in your next book...." That was easy way to make him open up.
"Okay. ,......I'll ....I'll feature you in the story....just....help us...escape....." Zaratras stated. He eyed Meliodas and Elizabeth who were struggling under the chains.
"Promise me......." Zaratras looked him in the eyes and vowed.
"I promise you......and I will keep it." Doni didn't believe him at first.
"How do I know that you're not lying?" He eyed Zaratras with suspicion.
"This is a life or death situation. I would rather be alive than be tortured to death." This was no time for sarcasm but he had to say it.
"Ugh...fine. You better keep your promise..or else..." Doni threatened, still holding the gun towards Zaratras.
"Great.....I promise you that I will feature you in it...." Doni gave Zaratras a snitch before cutting off the ropes around his hands with a pocket knife.
"Thank you Doni...." Zaratras massaged his slightly bruised hand.
"Okay, now about the featuring, I personally would li--------------" Doni wasn't able to continue. His body froze for a movement before he puked out blood from his mouth. Zaratras was horrified. So was Meliodas. Elizabeth wasn't able to see it since she was unconscious at the moment. Doni looked down to his abdomen to see a long blade stabbed behind his back and right through his lower left stomach.