Chapter 12: Skeletons In My Closet

Normal POV

Flashback.....

At Liones Hospital

Dr. Dana was currently examining Anna's current condition in his office. The X-Ray scans showed bone fractures. Her rib was cracked, some of her fingers were dislocated and even her skull had a crack on it. Just How brutal are Dreyfus and Griamore? These two made Dr. Dana sick, their very existence disgusted him. Beating a women half to death especially a wife and at the same time a mother.....it was twisted. He snapped out of his thoughts when his daughter Sennett came running into his office with a frantic look.
"Father, it's terrible!" She screamed, not even knocking on his door.
"What is it? What's wrong?" He stood up form his seat.
"Anna Dooris.........she's MISSING!"
"What? Did you check everywhere in the hospital? Maybe she is in the gardens..." Dr. Dana suggested.
"I did. I looked every room in the hospital, the comfort rooms, the garden, he rooftop, the cafeteria, the operating rooms and even the parking lot. She's not here!" Sennett kept on ranting.

For the next 45 minutes, the whole hospital staff were cautious. There was a mentally ill lady escaping from the hospital. Anna is not fit to go outside the hospital, any wrong move and she might attack anyone. Some disadvantages when going through a traumatic experience. People who she meets will be a threat in her point of view. It was best not to engage in conversation.
"Sir, we have footage of The missing Mrs. Anna..." The hospital security guard. Dr. Dana and Sennett went to the security room rewatching the tape of the escape. When the security guard played the video, Dr. Dana was surprised.

"Wait isn't that...." Sennet trailed off.
"But........why would he take her out now when he knows Anna is mentally unstable?!" Dr. Dana rubbed his forehead. He had this big gut feeling that this wasn't gonna end well for Meliodas and Elizabeth.

*****

Anna hugged herself tight. She made sure to sit as far away from her kidnapper in the front row seat of the car. She kept her distance. Even though this man was a resemblance to her fresh bloods, he was still a 'DOORIS' representative.
"Anna, I know you're scared of me. I know I look like Dreyfus......but know that I AM NOT HIM. Never in a hundred years will I ever be like Dreyfus..." Zaratras said to her gently while he drove to the port. Zaratras planned on registering his car for a ticket. He, Anna, and his car will be riding the barge to Byron town.
Even with Zaratras' reassurance, Anna still continued to cower in fear. Her heart beat fast when Zaratras entered her hospital room. She was sure Dreyfus came back from the dead and was haunting her. She was relieved it wasn't him but still terrified of his twin. The only reason why she didn't object to go with him was because she was scared that Zaratras would abuse her if she wouldn't listen to him too.
"I'm not gonna hurt you......trust me. I'm a friend of Meliodas and Elizabeth." Zaratras gave her a warm and reassuring smile that he won't ever hurt her.
"Why?...w..why did you take me?" Anna tried to muster up the words to ask. Zaratras explained to Anna everything of what is currently happening to him. The phone call, the death threats, the bones, and his betrayal. Anna was scared, she was getting mixed up in this situation when she tried so hard to escape it. She cried after hearing the reasons.
"I'm scared......I'm gonna..d..die..." Anna sobbed. She was vulnerable. Instead of opening up to Zaratras, she curled into a ball and scotched further away from him. She didn't want to face Griamore.
"You won't........but Meliodas and Elizabeth will if you don't face your fears....." Zaratras sounded selfish right there but there was no other option.
"Why me?..w..why me? I don't w...want this...." She continued on whimpering.
"Because you're the mother. It may sound ridiculous.....but you are the only one who can stop Griamore." Zaratras had a stern look. He was serious and he didn't show a tinge of guilt when saying that. He somewhat grew tired of her whinny ways. "Stop being a baby right now and face your fear. He's your son.......you are totally the boss of him...." Zaratras had a plan. He was gonna find a trigger to Anna's unstable mind. He knew he was swimming to dangerous waters. This was gonna be a repeat of him and Dreyfus' past if he does this to Anna.