my dime ain't worth your nickel

||2 months later||

"Carter!" My dad shouted once I walked in the house. How does he even know it's me? What if it was Halsey.

"What?" I snap and he holds a paper in front of my face. I snatch it out and look at it. My report card. I rip it in half and walk up the stairs. Dropping my bag on the stairs.

"Explain to me why you have all F's! Amd have 29 absences!" My dad shouted more and my head started to hurt more.

"CAUSE I CAN!" I tried to over power his voice. He just got angrier.

"Watch that tone young lady!"

"I DONT CARE!" I shout more and he slams his fist on the table.

"Where do you even go when your absent?" He asked and by this point he was pissed.

"Why do you care?" I snap at him and he picks up my paper.

"Carter your getting pretty useless!" My dad yelled at me and I backed away.

I scoff and walk to the door already. He tries to stop me but I move away.

"Don't touch me!" I scream and he backs away.

"Carter I didn't mean to say it. It just slipped out. I'm so sorry."

"Well dad sorry doesn't always help in life." I scoff and open the door. I run out an dear my name being shouted. I kept running. Until I felt water fall on my face, shit It's raining.