7 minutes

••||Carter's POV||••

The sky turned to a nasty grey color as the clouds passed by the bright moon. My hands and well whole body were still trembling, my heart was pounding so fast and hard that I was scared it would fall out. Nothing registered through my mind as Pete walked out of the car and into the police station. I didn't register my dad screaming at me to tell him what happened. I didn't register the rain fall on my numb body.

Until I broke, I cried and cried into Pete's chest. His arms safely around me, I demanded to know why I was like this, why I was so broken.

"It's all my fault" I kept repeating over and over again in small whimpers.

I sobbed out and hiccuped for air as I kept crying.

Pete shushed me and managed to control my emotions before leaving me with my dad.

"Carter baby," he kissed my hand and I hugged him tightly.

"I could of have been more resistant but no I gave into his guilt tripping and love. I gave into love I thought I deserved," truth be told I finally said it. I gave into love I thought I deserved, I didn't care about love, I only craved the affection and the title of it but at some point I did end up falling for something so dangerous.

He stared at me for a while until his arms wrapped around me.

"Carter Zeke Stump, when I say it's not your fault it was not. Now your mother would have agreed with me on this. You did nothing to cause this to happen, okay? Baby doll?"

"Cop said we are aloud to go now," Pete walked into our room and looked at me.

I only nodded and punched his arm as I walked out the door. He wasn't fazed by the punch tho so I shrugged it off like always.

"Dad?" I say softly as I shut the door to the car.

He looked at me curiously and made sure that Pete and I were buckled up before he left the parking lot.

"I need to move away as soon as possible and I don't think I'll be staying in Chicago, I know it's a bit too early but I've been dreading this place the past year."

He only stared ahead.

"I have a place in LA," Pete spoke up.

Dad shut his eyes tightly before opening them to look at Pete through the rear view mirror. Then I saw it, my dad was silently crying.