Red Roses

I hesitated opening the door. My hand froze on the door knob, it felt as if it were doused in ice water. There was this shrieking scream piercing my ears that seemed to only affect me and not the rest.

"Pete?"

I stepped away from the door, only to stare at it with exhaustion. He got up to open the door I had no intention of opening.

I stood silently there looking at the rose cheeked boy with the brightest roses I've ever seen. He was dressed in the simplest black skinny jeans with a blue collar shirt that was tucked into his jeans.

His smile was genuine but it soon faded into a pitiful one. He took in my appearance which I may add is horrendous.

I had no attention of seeing anyone because it'd make my going away even harder. Apparently my dad said it was no sense and called Tyler to come see me before I left with Pete.

"Oh Tyler," he came closer to me and reached his hand out onto my cheek. His thumb brushed away the tears running down.

All I could do was let out a chocked laugh as I reached in to hug him. His arms fell onto my torso and pressed me closer to him to let me know that he was there.

"These are for you," he handed me the roses as we separated.

"Thank you," I smiled and lead him into my kitchen so we could talk and well so I could put the roses in water.

"I came because of your dad and well because I've been wanting to tell you something for a very...excruciating long time. And this might be the worst timing but it's not as worse as living with it when you are gone and out of my reach."

I nodded and took a seat on the counter so I could at least be at his height.

"The day I meet you well more like helped you, umm, I couldn't help but notice this rush in my heart when I laid eyes on you. It's as if the world stopped in that exact moment and something made me go to you. I'm glad something made me go to you because this past year has been amazing. Having sleepovers, skateboarding, jamming out, studying, relaxing, and well being teenagers! It has been a thrill and all those things got me to realize I didn't care what I did with you all I cared was that you were there." He stopped to breath.

"Tyl," he cut me off by giving me a glance that suggested me to shut up.

"I know this month and well from the day he decided to treat less of a human to the day he decided to just see you as his poisson, I know it must of been hell. But I'm here to tell you that you do get other chances to love again to at least get yourself involved with other people- I'll understand if you're not ready and I'll be willing to wait. I'll wait until the day aliens contact humans."

He smiled nervously.

"Thank you."

That was all I managed to say before I felt the need to place my hands onto his face and to be meet with his soft pink lips.

"Well Patrick you owe me fifty bucks," Pete walked in on us. I rolled my eyes and finally came to terms with what I was doing.

"Tyler move in with me," I hastily spoke up.

Pete seemed a bit taken aback. Of course I knew I was moving way to fast seeing as I could barely open a freaking door.

"Are you serious?" He looked into my eyes.

I nodded while bitting my lip.

"We have thirty minutes to get to the airport and get throw security so please for the love of god Tyler decide." Pete brought me out of my trance once again. I jumped off the counter and walked to the living room. My dad had already taken a flight to the beach house to fix the house. Of course I knew he was just making sure all the alcohol was gone.

I had made sure to lock the house carefully once all of us exited. I took my finally glance of childhood house and walked away from it.

"Send me the address and I'll see you in a week?" Tyler spoke before I got into the Pete's car.

"Bye Tyler," I laughed as I hugged him with gratefulness.

"Lets get a move on, sorry Tyler but she has a future to start." Pete cracked a smile.

I laughed at that and punched his arm.

"See you soon," I waved goodbye to Tyler.

The car moved farther and farther away from the boy I had grown to care about.

"Am I moving to fast?" I buckled myself up and looked at Pete for an answer.

"Fast? Yes you are dolly but I do notice you are observant and present. Your dad may not agree with me on starting something with Tyler. Both of you have this bond ever since you let him break your walls. Moving on to fast is bull to me because at the end of the day, it's our life, and it's up to us to live it as best as we can. You're not an animal for that, you are a thinking, feeling, autonomous being who has the power to control yourself. The question really comes down to this tho..."

He looked at me briefly before making a left turn to get onto the highway.

"Will your willpower chose to make the good decisions? Or will you just do it, because it feels good." He finished off. His hand went over to the radio and turned up the volume.

I recognized the song playing to be one of my favorite Bowie songs. It slowly faded it away.

Only to leave me thinking.

Tho I could barely think while one thing consumed my mind.

Tyler.