welcome to busan

"Soo-"

"No", Joy cut Seulgi's sentence before she could say anything. "Seulgi, I want you to call me Joy while we are on this trip, okay?"

Seulgi nodded and searched for Joy's hand. The latter smiled and grabbed her hand. They walked to the meeting point they decided on with the group. A few weeks ago, Seulgi booked a trip to Busan, trying to escape the boring life back home.

She hated how everyone treated her so carefully because she was blind, while all she wanted was to be treated equally. "I'm blind, not made of glass", she'd always tell her grandfather, but being the cute old man he is, he wouldn't listen to her.

Joy looked around for her group, still holding onto Seulgi's hand, as she searched for the tour guide. "Wait here, I will be right back!", Joy said and suddenly Seulgi felt the emptiness around her hand.

As Seulgi was waiting, she heard several voices passing by. She only smiled. It was fascinating to hear so many different voices without seeing a clear face in front of her. And the accent was awesome!

A loud thud made her flinch. "Ouch...", a voice said, Seulgi noticed it belonged to a boy. "Can't you help me up? I fell down... So unfriendly tho." The boy who fell on his butt looked up at Seulgi and reached out for her hand but she was only smiling. "Uh? Hello? Can't you see that I need your hand to get up?", the boy snapped.

"No, sorry. I can't see since I am not in charge of this ability... But I will still try to help you..", Seulgi reached her hand out into the air, obviously in the wrong direction than the boy is. The boy slowly stood up and grabbed her hand. Seulgi smiled, thinking she helped the boy. But the boy only stared at her with fascinating eyes. "You can't see?", he asked again.

"No, and I am really sorry that I couldn't help you-"

"Why? What happened?", he ignored her apology and slowly waved in front of her face with his other hand to make sure she wasn't lying. Seulgi giggled. "You will have to ask God why! He probably thought I don't need to." The boy smiled and shook Seulgi's hand he was still holding onto. "I'm Park Jimin by the way."

Seulgi smiled. "Kang Seulgi."

"I assume you are not from Busan? Well, you know...since you have a  suitcase with you.", he nervously rubbed his nape.

Seulgi laughed again and Jimin had to smile when he heard that beautiful melody. "Right I am from Seoul and I booked a special trip with my friend to see the city-", she suddenly stopped talking and Jimin raised his brows. "Is something wrong?"

"Speaking of my friend... Why isn't she back yet?", Seulgi said with a concerned expression. Jimin looked around the bus station but there were so many people how could they find her? Especially a person she couldn't even describe since she was... blind.

"I will stay with you until you find her", Jimin offered. Not long after he spoke a girl with brown hair approached them. She gave Jimin some weird looks as she grabbed Seulgi's hand. "Seulgi, I'm back."

"Joy! I was so scared that you got lost!", Seulgi squeezed onto her friend's hand. Joy narrowed her eyes and looked at Jimin. "And you are?" Seulgi giggled. "That's Jimin! I was so stupid I couldn't help him up after he fell-"

"Don't say that.", Jimin interrupted. Both girls looked at him. "It was my stupidity for falling."

"Hey, Park Jimin!"

Joy and Jimin turned their heads to the guy running and Seulgi only turned her head to where the sound came from. A boy finally ran up to them and tried to catch his breath. "Dude, here you are... I need your ID card to book the trip.."

"Sorry, Hobi...here you go..", he said and handed him his card.

"You are joining us!", Seulgi smiled brightly when she heard what the stranger said, happy that she could spend some time with her new friend.

Jimin smiled sincerely. "First time that I am actually looking forward to joining such a trip."