russian roulette

Joy slowly opened her eyes but quickly blinked as the bright light directly hit her face. Once her eyes got used to it, she noticed the room was pitch black, the only light was the one that was dazzling her.

"What the fuck..", she tried to raise her hand but her arms were tied up behind her back, just like her feet. The rope was hurting her ankle and wrist due to its rough surface. She hissed in pain and looked around in panic. "Hello!? Someone, please help me!"

The light that was dazzling her suddenly disappeared, engulfing the room in pure darkness. Joy's breathing started to get uneven, she gulped and flinched when she heard a door shut behind her.

She could feel a light breeze stroke her side, hinting that someone just passed by. This time a single light that hung above Joy shone and she could see a slim, but still muscular, body standing in front of her. Her heart skipped a beat, and she exhaled the breath she didn't notice that she was holding in.

The boy was facing the other side of the room and Joy slowly scanned the body, trying to recognize who it could be. She stopped once her eyes locked with his when he turned around. "Hello, Sooyoung... Long time no see.."

Joy's eyes widened and she teared up. A bitter smile formed on her lips and she chuckled airily. "Hoseok... I should have known.."

"I'm sorry that we meet again...under this condition."

"I am not surprised, Hoseok. Is that even your real name?", she smiled bitterly.

Hoseok sighed, closing his eyes as he reached behind his back to grab the gun he was carrying along. Joy who saw the object didn't even flinch. She wasn't showing any reaction at all.

"I'm sorry Sooyoung. I really tried to stay away to keep you and Seulgi safe. But Jimin... He was too stubborn and didn't listen."

"Don't you fucking dare to mention Seulgi!", she suddenly shouted. "If something happens to her I swear I will kill you Hoseok!"

Hoseok smiled weakly and slowly raised his arm, pointing the gun at Joy's head.

"I don't mean to spoil, but you won't be able to do that."

Joy looked straight into his eyes, shaking from anger, frustration, and slightly of fear. She knew what was going to happen next so she slowly closed her eyes. "Don't.. touch Seulgi. Let her live", she whispered as a tear fell from her eye.

Hoseok bit his lip, his finger hesitatingly on the trigger. "I'm so sorry... I really am.."

And a loud bang echoed in the hall.