Chapter 3 - Perks of Detention

Chapter 3- Perks of Detention  

What She fights for 

 All rights reserved 

 © 2013 CaliGuuurrrlll

_______________________________________________________________________________________

tap,

tap,

tap

Just ignore it Skylar.

3 minutes later

tap

tap, tap

tap, tap, tap

Just keep ignore it, he's just trying to get your attention.

7 minutes later

tap

tap,tap

tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap, tap, tap

"SHUT UP!!" I whisper shouted finally exploding. 

Giving me a signature smirk Dean replied, " Stop what, huh? I'm not doing anything"

With that he continued tapping his pencil. I never knew Dean would be this annoying. The tapping has been going on for 20 minutes now  an I think I'm about to explode.

"You know what you're doing Dean. Stop tapping your pencil." I tried again pinching the bridge of my nose to calm my anger and frustration.

As soon as Dean was about to reply he got cut off by Mr Montgomery; the teacher supervising detention today.

"Miss Kingston, Mr Taylor I advise you stop talking to each other now; unless you want to serve another session of detention?"

" Woah I'm really scared now old man" Dean muttered under his breath.

I refrained from smiling too much at his comment because Mr Montgomery was staring at us with an intense killer glare.

After that we lapsed into silence in which most of that time I spent absent- mindedly drawing pictures of boxing gloves on my page that I was supposed to be writing lines on for the next 10 minutes.

I'll need to cut practice short today if I want to get home by curfew.

I glanced back up at Dean for a split moment to see that the bridge of his nose my forming a slight bruise. I winced at the thought of how bad it  must have hurt.

 I feel bad slapping, - well punching him; but I haven't found the right time to apologize.

Looking up again, I saw from the corner of my eye that Dean was looking at what I just drew. I quickly covered it up with my hand and flipped the page.

How could I be so stupid? Now Dean is probably getting ideas that I actually do fight or that I probably have closet anger issues.

Maybe I'm being too paranoid.

The silence in the room was cut abruptly by a loud ring tone.

I've got this feeling on this summer day when you were gone,   

  I crashed my car into the bridge, i watched, i let it burn, 

  I threw your stuff into a bag and pushed it down the stairs,