Chapter 13- "Your kidding Right?"

But you can see it in my eyes

You can read it on my lips

Im trying to get a hold on this.

And I really mean it this time

And you know its such a trip

Dont get me started

Im trying to get a hold on this.

- No Doubt

~*~

Skylar's POV:

RECAP:

"Bruise easily my ass. Who the heck did this to you?"

"Dean drop it. it got bruised at the fight then I jammed my hand on a door after my last class making it worse." I whispered into his ear.

his jaw clenched and unclenched before he nodded and suddenly smirked. "You ready for lunch? "

"Yea......why?"

"No reason Bestie." he said cryptically before winking and dragging me along with him.

u-oh I know that look.

What did Dean. fricken Taylor do now?

~*~

"What did you do Dean?" I hissed glaring at him.

He stared at me faking a look of innocence. "Lil ole me ?......... Nothing . its saddening how much lack of trust you have of me."

"I wouldn't not trust you if you didn't keep surprising me with things I don't like. So tell me. What.did.you.do?" I ground out enunciating each word for added effect.

"Just wait and see babe, wait and see." He said with a knowing smirk.

"What did I tell you about calling me that?" I hissed punching his shoulder.

"Damn Kingston, you're so abusive to me it's not funny." He complained.

I stopped in my tracks and my eyes widened in alarm. I quickly retracted my hand breathing in deeply to calm my erratic heartbeat. I was trying to play cool but it was not working. I knew he was joking but it still brought back the many memories I want to forget so badly.

"You alright?"

"Uh ....hm yea. Sometimes I just feel like being a fighter takes over my personality. I don't want to badly hurt someone unintentional or not." I lied straight through my teeth. I was partially true because I don't want to end up like him; but my fights are different.

" You don't need to think that pipsqueak. I was just joking. Besides, I can take a punch." he grinned believing my lie easily.

"Oh like you did the first time I met you." I tease trying to avoid our earlier conversation.

"You caught me off guard alright!" He defended making me roll my eyes.

"And I can sing like madonna" I deadpan sarcastically.

" Lets get physical....." He began singing.

"Eww stop it Dean!"

"You brought it up."

"Whatever lets just go to the cafeteria."

"After you babe."

"Don't call me that." I gritted my teeth glaring at him before stomping off in front.