Chapter 23- Join the club

*Dedicated to Gansterbabe13 for the sweet comment on her message board.

Chapter 23- Join the club

Never thought I'd live to see the day

When everybody's words got in the way

Hey sugar show me all your love

All you're giving me is friction

Hey sugar what you gotta say

It started with a whisper

And that was when I kissed her

And then she made my lips hurt

I can't even chitchat

Take me to your love shack

Mamas always gotta backtrack

When everybody talks back

- Neon Trees

Skylar's POV:

RECAP:

I sigh and wrap my hands around his waist breathing in his smell. I wonder what cologne he uses?

He chuckles making his chest vibrate against me.

"I knew you couldn't stay mad at me."

"Whatever, you owe me one Dean."

"Wouldn't expect any less Sky." He whispers back hugging me tighter.

~*~

"Do I have too?"

"Yes!"

"Come on Dea-"

"no"

"Mike?"

"No"

"Come on Aaron!"

"No!" They all shouted again.

This has been going on for fifteen minutes. I've been trying to convince them that we shouldn't go to the party tomorrow but they're not budging.

Dean and I had mutual agreement not to tell Mike and Aaron what happened at the diner to save both of us from embarrassment. I do however intend to use the whole dance thing as blackmail.

I'm lucky my mother didn't find out about me skipping class. The day after I made Dean come with me and make up an excuse about Me not feeling well.

"Come on Dean please. " I pouted giving him a puppy dog look.

"Pipsqueak you promised. I didn't embarrass myself for nothing." He winked pinching my cheeks making me poke my tongue at him.

"But you owe me!" I defend swatting his hands away.

"So do you Kingston."

Dammit. He got me on that one. "Shut up Dean" I mumble looking away.

"Are you two done flirting or do you still need more time?" Aaron drawls smirking at us making me flush red. I grab the closest thing to me which happened to be a plush fluffy animal and threw it at him.

"We were not flirting!"

"Keep telling yourself that chicka." Mike laughs.

"You're such a traitor!"

"No you just can't handle the truth." He says smugly poking his tongue out in a childish manner.

"Mike stop it, she's coming to the party so no reason for you to keep teasing her." Dean chuckles coming to my defence.