|Chapter 15|

Jeremy felt nervous as he walked with the other 3 men in the woods, staying by the horse Vincent is situated upon whilst Benjamin and Mike walk behind the two. The Alice looks up at the canopy above them all from time to time, watching small rays of light peek past the leaves. It was strangely beautiful.

He smiles as he now pets the horse's mane, glancing back at Vincent who smiles at him in return with an arm carefully hugging his own torso whilst the other holds onto the reigns.

Jeremy looks ahead and his eyes widen slightly as he sees a cottage not too far away, nearly squealing in excitement. "G-Guys! There i-it is!"

Benjamin looks past Jeremy and Vincent and spots the cottage, relieved that they found it. "Thank goodness, my legs were getting quite tired actually"

Jeremy giggles at that and Mike smiles at everyone, Jeremy soon running ahead to inspect the surprisingly neat and cute house.

"Well, not bad" Vincent jokes as he holds on to the reigns, soon slowing the horse to a stop outside the cottage.

Benjamin only nods in response as he watches Jeremy open the front door and rush inside, exploring every nook and cranny of the small house. "I-It's so t-tidy!"

Mike just laughs as he walks in after him, Benjamin busy helping Vincent down from the horse, which he soon ties to a tree so it doesn't run away.

Jeremy turns to Vincent and Benjamin when they walk in, blushing in embarrassment when he yawns. "Tired Jeremy?" Mike asks with a smile, the boy slowly nodding and smiling in return. "I'm gonna h-have a n-nap, is that o-okay?"

"That's perfectly fine" Benjamin nods, smiling reassuringly and watching Jeremy walk off into the small side bedroom to sleep.

After the boy is nestled safely in bed, everyone else decides it's time for a rest, Benjamin situating himself in an armchair while Vincent gets the couch and Mike sleeps on the floor with a blanket.

It isn't long until Benjamin drifts off to sleep, waking up and finding himself in a much different place than where he is now.

He glances around in confusion, seeing how he is now in the White Kingdom instead of the Birch Forest which was where he was before. A familiar voice gains his attention and he looks over, spotting a happy SP waving as he walks over.

"Benji~! I knew you'd make it! Come on it's ready!" The boy grabs his hand and suddenly drags him along he corridor, leading him through many more corridors on the way to one particular room.

Benjamin is as confused as ever but doesn't question it, following SP the best he can and slowing down with him when the reach a large set of double doors. "It's in here! Come on!"

SP grins as he pushes the doors open, Benjamin's eyes widening as he sees what's inside. Shining silver armour hung on a body rack, a sword of the same metal hanging at the hilt. It seemed to be so shiny it nearly hurt his eyes to look at it.

"Isn't it amazing!? It was o-only finished the other day!" SP explains, excited and very very happy. "Imagine what the Alice would look like wearing this!"

Benjamin soon speaks up hesitantly, unsure of whether this is a dream or not, "But...you're an Alice, won't it work for you?"

"It has to be the RIGHT Alice. Besides, I c-can't be the chosen one, I have a Kingdom to run!" SP smiles, Benjamin faking a smile now.

Of course, the Kingdom is SP's main priority. But then again, he is the King.

SP sighs as he leans against Benjamin's shoulder, staring at the armour before them. "Do you think the...prophecy will ever come true?"

"Yes" He suddenly says without thinking, "I know for sure that a new Alice will come and defeat Rich-The...King of Hearts...they have to"

"But what if they end up like RJ? You told me what happened to him!"

"I know but...we just have to hope for the best"

Strangely, he finds himself reaching for SP's hand, squeezing it gently and smiling kindly at the younger boy. His gaze glances towards his lips and he starts to lean forward, blushing when their lips make contact and move in sync with one another.

Benjamin doesn't know how long the kiss went for, but by the time they part, the both of them are panting and smiling.

"Don't worry about a thing Simon, I'm here"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Benjamin groans as he wakes, becoming confused when he sees Mike and Vincent talking. Only the fact is that Mike and Vincent seem to be on the verge of tears.

Benjamin stands and walks over to them now, worried for the both of them. "Mike? Vincent? What's wrong?"

"Benji I...I'm scared..." Vincent says, his ears flattening against his head, "W-What if Richard finds us h-h-here? What if he kills us?"

"I assure you that's not going to happen" Benjamin says sternly, but can only doubt his own words. Are they really safe where they are? Or is Richard spying on them as they speak?

He could feel paranoia start to take over as endless possibilities of what could happen floods his mind, the Hatter soon having to take a deep breath in order to calm down and rethink to himself. "He's not going to find us here Vincent..."

"But Jeremy is still not safe and you know it!" Mike says, surprisingly looking like he could ave a mental breakdown at any moment. "I...I saw the scroll that SP owns...the calendar...Jeremy is going to die"

Benjamin could feel the hairs on the back of his neck rise at those words, his eyes widening as he gulps. "N...No he...can't...! We still have to get him home!"
"We won't be able to because he's going to be DEAD!" Mike snaps now, tears freely rolling down his cheeks, "He's going to die and there's nothing we can do to stop it!"

Mike hugs his own body as it's racked with shaky sobs, Vincent soon starting to silently cry at the thought of the boy dying.

Benjamin clenches his fists and tries not to tear up himself, gritting his teeth and staring at the floor. "How...how can you just...give up on him like that?"

Mike sniffles through sobs and looks at Mike, his own ears flopped down out of sadness, "I-It's bound to happen...there's no way of stopping it..."

Benjamin shakes his head and growls as he throws his hat away, running a hand through his hair before grabbing it in frustration. "No, we can't let him die! We'll keep him here if we have to...! We...we just can't..."

Vincent is the first to comfort the Hatter, frowning and crying as they both hug. "Benjamin...I'm sorry but...there's no point..."

Benjamin didn't want to believe it, but he knew it. The second crush of his life is going to die.

~*~

wOO IM SO TIRED AHA IM SORRY THIS IS SO LATE-

HAVE FUN ENJOY BLAJ BLAH GOODNIGHT MAH FRIENDS