|Chapter 21|

Jeremy is confronted as soon as they all get inside, many of his friends asking numerous questions straight away. "Woah woah, give Jeremy some space everyone," Benjamin sighs, making everyone step back from the now nervous ghost boy, "One at a time please, he's still as shocked as us, remember that"

"R-Right, sorry" Scott laughs nervously and rubs the back of his neck, a blush dusting his cheeks from embarrassment since he was the one asking the most questions. "I-It's okay...u-um...what w-was the first question?" Jeremy asks and Mike pipes up first, a worried look on his face, "Um...did it hurt when you...you know...d-died?"

Jeremy shakes his head with a sad smile, rubbing his arms as a chill runs through him. "N-No, but I turned v-very cold, and I have b-been since" He says, Mike nodding as he doesn't ask any more questions. Fritz, however, does, "What happened after you died? Do you remember?" 

"Well, I-I just k-kind of...w-w-woke up...and you g-guys weren't there, a-and neither was m-my body. I w-was in s-some magical spirit r-realm...it was w-weird and, h-honestly, I didn't know w-who I was e-either" Jeremy explains, Fritz gasping as he then asks, "So Benjamin helped you remember?"

Jeremy smiles for real now and nods, looking at Benjamin, "Y-Yes, he did, I-I'm so glad he did. I-I-I was so s-scared" He says and Benjamin smiles back, nodding slowly. "Well, we couldn't just leave you in there now, could we?"

The others murmur in agreement and smile also, Scott soon asking his questions that he had been asking beforehand, "So what's it like being a ghost? Can you fly? Can you go through walls? Can people move through you?"

The Green Alice giggles now as he answers each question, "I-It's cool b-but scary, I can l-levitate but n-not fly. N-No I can't phase through walls o-or people" He says and Scott whines, crossing his arms but still smiling.

"I think that's enough questions now everyone, it's about time we all went to bed" Simon says with a small laugh, everyone except Benjamin complaining about this before making their way to their rooms. "Jeremy, are you alright to stay with Vincent for tonight?" Benjamin asks and the ghost boy nods, smiling over at the neko whose ear twitches. "Y-Yes I'll be f-fine"

Benjamin smiles and nods okay before leaving with Simon to their own room, Jeremy now following Vincent down the hall quietly. He notices, however, a change in Vincent's attitude, the neko seeming much more gloomy than before. "V-Vincent...? Are you okay...?"

The neko is silent as he looks at Jeremy, a frown plastered on his face as he now shrugs, "I don't know...honestly I don't...I'm relieved to have you back but...something in you has changed, I can tell. And I don't like it" He says as he walks, "And while you were talking...I swear I saw your eye flicker pink but...I don't know. I'm probably wrong"

Jeremy grows concerned for Vincent as he floats closer to him, linking his arm around Vincent's now, "I-I don't k-know if I've c-c-changed, and I'm p-pretty sure that T-Tyler is gone f-for good now..." 

Vincent sighs however and looks away, biting his lip gently and feeling his fang pierce the skin, causing for his lip to bleed, "I'm scared Jeremy. I...I know you might leave this world...I might never see you again...I'm scared that I'll never see you..." He trails off to stop himself from tearing up, taking a shaky breath before shaking his head, "B-But I'll be fine, please, if you want to return to your world that's your choice...I just hope we'll be able to meet each other in another lifetime at least..."

"Oh V-Vincent..." Jeremy stops him and nuzzles the Cheshire Cat gently, feeling bad for him now, "Please d-don't be scared...I-I promise I'll v-v-visit but...I...I would like t-to go h-h-home...I do miss my f-family..."

The purple-haired neko nods in understanding and smiles to show it's okay, hiding his tears. "I'd like that, I really would..." He says before suddenly leaning in, Jeremy yelping in surprise and moving back only for Vincent to fall right on top of him with a grunt.

The two groan as they lay on the floor and Vincent blushes madly, scrambling off of the boy and running a hand through his now messy hair. "S-Sorry, I shouldn't have tried that" He says, huffing and muttering to himself as he helps Jeremy up now, "Let's g-get to bed, yeah?" He says before hurrying off to his room, Jeremy now following at a quick pace.

A blush tints Jeremy's cheek a slight pink as he too is embarrassed for what happened, mentally scolding himself for moving away from Vincent. S-Stupid stupid stupid! You j-just made t-t-things more a-awkward! He thinks and shakes his head, climbing into bed with Vincent and cuddling closer to the warm man.

It isn't long now until both beings fall asleep, the two of them dreaming for a better tomorrow.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The following morning, both Jeremy and Vincent remain asleep whilst Simon hurries outside to gather specific ingredients for a potion both he and Benjamin are making, the two having gotten up quite early (even with a lack of sleep) to find a way to turn Jeremy back to normal.

"If we get him to take his potion, he'll be able to return to his human body! I mean, I got one of my guards to collect his body, and they've also collected Tyler's body from Richard's old Kingdom to bury with Richard" Simon says as he bring the ingredients inside, Benjamin nodding okay as he frowns.

He can feel his chest tighten at the mention of his brother and his lover, the Hatter taking the ingredients from Simon and beginning to mix them with the others. "That's good to hear" Is all he says, knowing that if he speaks more about it he won't be able to stop crying.

Simon frowns at Benjamin as he says this but nods okay, quickly leaving to gather more ingredients. The White King knows of Benjamin's sorrow over his brother, having heard him tossing and turning throughout the night whilst mentioning Richard's name over and over. Then he would wake up sometimes and cry.

As much as he wishes for Benjamin to be himself again, he knows he will never be the same. Richard's death had taken a hard toll on the Hatter, and for all Simon knows, Benjamin could snap at any moment and go completely mad.

After all, Mad is in his name.

The Alice shakes his head as he returns inside with a handful of mushrooms, placing them on the table for Benjamin to use. It's silent between them both before Simon speaks up, looking at his lover worriedly. "I'm sorry for mentioning Richard, are you okay?" 

"I'm fine" Benjamin says, refusing to meet Simon's gaze. He can't let him see him like this, not now when they need to focus on getting Jeremy back to his world first. He stops his mixing however when Simon puts his hand over his own, his gaze finally turning to Simon's as he sighs shakily.

"I'm sorry I...I'm still torn up about what happened" The Hatter says quietly, frowning still as Simon stares deep into his purple eyes, "Don't be sorry baby...this wasn't your fault...no one could have prevented this..." Simon says and leans up, kissing Benjamin's cheek and frowning, "Please don't ever blame yourself...please..."

Benjamin hesitantly nods okay and lets go of the mixer, Simon instead taking hold of it and mixing the ingredients himself. "You just relax now, you've been through a lot Benji" He says softly, allowing Benjamin to now hug him from behind and watch as he mixes the ingredients together.

"What's it going to be like when Jeremy leaves back to his own world...?" Benjamin asks as Simon adds in some sort of powder, the King looking back at Benjamin for a moment before shrugging, "I guess we'll continue on with our lives without fear of being killed. After all, no one can possibly hurt us anymore"

"Yes...you're right..." Benjamin says and nods, smiling softly as he nuzzles Simon's neck gently, "Thank you..." He says softly, Simon raising an eyebrow at this, "For what?" He asks curiously, looking at Benjamin as he now kisses his cheek.

"For being there for me"

~*~

Short chapter again I kNOW IM SORRYYYYYYYY- But I am curious for one thing, pls let me know in the comments but...

WHO WANTS A SEQUEL? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS AND GIVE ME IDEAS IF YOU WANT ONE.

See ya in the next one!