|Chapter 19|

Simon bites his lip as he feels tears gather in his eyes, desperately not wanting to cry so he turns away from the scene before him. He's always been bad with tragic deaths such as this. Hell, he cried when the red Alice died.

It's a while until Vincent stops wailing, the once cheeky neko now feeling like his whole world has just begun to fall apart around him. He's not the one to cry. So why is he crying now?

With a sniff and a wipe away of his tears, he shakily stands, his ears still flat against his head as he refuses to look at anyone. "I'm s-sorry for my outburst..." He says quietly, tensing up when a hand is placed on his shoulder. "Brother, don't be sorry...I...I'm sad too..."

Vincent looks up at Benjamin who's frowning as tears roll down his cheeks, the Hatter letting out a shaky sigh as he glances at Richard's body. "I wish I stopped him all those years ago when he first left. I wish I just DID something. Something to stop all of this from happening..."

Vincent just sniffles as he stares at the ground instead, his ears twitching when Simon speaks up, "M...May I help bury the bodies...?" Simon asks, frowning as he goes to Benjamin's side, "I can dress them up too, we can put on a service for them..."

"Yes please Simon, I, no, WE would appreciate it" Benjamin says with a sad smile, removing his hand from Vincent's shoulder before turning and leaving the forest in silence. Mike is still wiping his tears away as he follows, Vincent and Simon following close behind.

"I'm sorry for your loss" Is what Simon says to Vincent, the small King feeling extremely bad for the Cheshire Cat, "I know he meant a lot to you"

Vincent lets out a small, sad laugh as he trudges along, ignoring the guards rushing past and Simon ordering them to collect the bodies. "He was an asshole of a brother. I don't even know why I'm crying. All he ever put me through was pain. He means nothing to me"

Simon gulps as Vincent moves ahead of him, walking faster in order to avoid conversation. With a sigh, Simon follows, glancing back and feeling relieved when he sees two guards holding two seperate bodies. A King, and an Alice.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It's now the middle of the night in Wonderland when a certain Hatter is roused from his sleep, a tired groan passing his lips as he sits up and rubs his eyes. "Who...?"

"Shh, it's me, Simon" A familiar voice whispers, the said boy currently sitting on Benjamin's legs and holding a finger to his lips. "Follow me to the library. I think I found a way to get Jeremy back" He says before quickly getting off and rushing out of the room, leaving Benjamin very tired and confused.

With a small sigh, he gets out of bed and stretches his arms, grunting quietly before moving his way through the darkness of his room to get to the library without bumping into anything. And luckily, he succeeds.

He peers into the library to see a boy holding a burning candle, the said boy looking over and ushering Benjamin to come over. "Come on B-Benji!"

Benjamin smiles and makes his way over to the bookshelf Simon is next to, the White King pointing at a large book on the shelf. "Can you get that for me?"

"Uh, okay sure" Benjamin raises an eyebrow but grabs the book anyway, grunting from how heavy it actually is. "Holy shit...this thing is heavy"

"I know that's why I wanted YOU to get it" Simon giggles a bit before putting the candle down on a table, getting Benjamin to place the book down as he opens the book up to the middle. "This is what I was telling you about, a way to bring Jeremy back"

"Wait really? You're serious?" Benjamin's eyes widen and he looks at Simon in surprise, the King nodding as he reads through the book, "It says here that those that pass on in the Forest of Lost Souls reside on in the Spiritual Realm for all eternity unless a being from the Physical Realm of Wonderland comes into the Spiritual Realm and pulls them out themselves. If we find the entrance to this realm we may be able to save him!"

Benjamin soon smiles widely and nods okay, excited to try this out, "Okay, let's do it. When are we gonna go?" He asks curiously, Simon now grinning as he closes the book, "How about now? It can be a nice surprise for everyone in the morning when they wake up and see Jeremy is back!"

The Hatter nods okay and yawns tiredly, laughing a bit afterwards, "Let's get dressed, it's bound to be freezing outside" He says and Simon nods in agreement, Benjamin going to leave only to be stopped by Simon pulling him into a warm hug. "You know...I'm really glad you didn't die..."

Benjamin frowns a bit as he looks down at Simon, the said Hatter feeling bad as he hears Simon sniff. "Simon...please don't cry..." He says and strokes Simon's hair gently to help calm him, Simon now letting out a shaky sigh as he looks up at Benjamin.

Simon suddenly leans up and presses his lips against Benjamin's, his eyes shutting tight whilst Benjamin wraps his arms around Simon in return. The kiss goes on for quite a while, neither of them wanting to part from the sweet and warm embrace.

The both of them are panting when they end up parting, Simon's cheeks a dark red as he instead hugs Benjamin tightly. "I love you" He says quietly, Benjamin smiling as he kisses the top of Simon's head, "I love you too...now let's go get changed"

Simon giggles and nods okay now as he leaves the library with Benjamin, the two going to their separate rooms to change. After they do that, they meet up back in the hallway, Simon having put the candle he had in a lantern so that they could take it with them. "Okay, ready to go?" Simon asks, Benjamin smiling as he nods.

Simon smiles in return and soon holds Benjamin's hand as they sneak out of the castle, glad that none of the guards had seen them leave. "Sheesh, I f-feel like one of those teenagers that sneak out at night, it's e-exciting" He giggles, blushing now as he stays close to Benjamin.

"Heh, yeah, it is" Benjamin chuckles and winks at Simon, whose blush worsens immediately at the action. O-Oh my, Benjamin is being so flirty...! W-What do I do? I haven't flirted in...well, ever! Simon thinks to himself as he grows much more flustered, trying to keep the lantern steady as they walk along.

Benjamin looks around now and soon begins to frown as they reach the forest after what seems like several hours, the both of them exhausted from walking so much. "M-Maybe this wasn't such a good i-idea..." Simon stutters out, feeling quite anxious as he looks into the dark forest before them, "L-Let's go b-back to the castle-"

"After we've come this far? I don't think so. Come on let's go. I'll protect you if anything attacks us" Benjamin says and Simon hesitantly nods okay, staying by Benjamin's side as they enter the dark and spooky forest.

The two begin to look for any sign of an entrance into another realm with high hopes of finding it, Benjamin taking note of the path they are taking and making sure that neither of them get lost. It would take ages at night to get out of here.

"Do you know what the entrance looks like exactly?" Benjamin asks and Simon shakes his head with a sigh, feeling a bit embarrassed now, "N-No, the book didn't say..." He says quietly, Benjamin gently rubbing Simon's hand with his thumb to reassure him, "Hey it's alright. Let's just keep looking, okay?"

Simon doesn't answer however and suddenly let's go of Benjamin's hand, running over to what seems to be a cave with vines draped over the entrance. "Benjamin I think this is it!" He says excitedly, Benjamin now walking over and gazing at the cave in confusion. "But how can you be so sure?"

"Just trust me!" He says before running past the vines and disappearing from Benjamin's sight, the Hatter feeling a surge of panic as he calls out for his lover, "Simon!?" When there's no answer he immediately rushes in, only to cry out as he's blinded by a white light.

And what he saw next turned his whole world upside down.

~*~

Here's an update for you guys! I'm surprised to see that this book has gotten a lot of popularity since I've been on hiatus!

Hope you guys enjoy! Bye!