|Chapter 26|

It's a long while later until Benjamin begins to wake up, only just barely managing to open his eyes as a weak groan passes his lips. He attempts to sit up but stops when he sees a familiar King come into his vision and help him sit up instead, a hand placed on the small of his back to keep him steady. "...enji...? Benji are you okay? Can you hear me?" Asks Simon, Benjamin's hearing slowly coming back as he looks up at the worried male, "Simon...? What...happened?"

"There was a mudslide, you were the first to go over the cliff. It's a miracle you survived actually" Mike says with a frown as he walks over, checking Benjamin's body for any more wounds. Benjamin lets him before carefully reaching for his hat, which he soon realises is missing from atop his head. "M-My hat...!? W-Where is it!?" He asks and now looks around frantically, his heartbeat immediately picking up in pace as he begins to panic. He can't lose that hat. He just can't. He's always had it with him ever since his parents died. He can't lose it.

He stops panicking as soon as that familiar feeling of the hat rests on top of his muddy hair, Jeremy soon floating down beside him with a small smile, "V-Vincent found it, d-don't worry B-Benji" He smiles before holding one of Benjamin's hands gently, rubbing the back of it with his thumb soothingly to help calm the older male. It shows that it helps as Benjamin's breathing soon returns to normal and his spare hand feels the hat on his head, relief flooding his features before he smiles. "Thank you, Vincent, I don't know what I would have done without it" He says, soon glancing at Simon who merely smiles and wipes some mud off of Benjamin's face.

"We must get moving soon, it is dangerously close to nightfall and I know that there are still wicked creatures that linger in this forest" Simon says warily before standing, helping Benjamin up with Jeremy and Vincent's help before allowing Vincent to help Benjamin walk. Benjamin's eyes soon spot Simon's burns, worry overcoming him as he carefully limps over to Simon, "M-My love, you're hurt, how did you get burned...?" He asks softly, gazing at the blistering wounds that are reddening with every second they waste. "The lightning started a fire, the only way I could get through was to jump through it with my horse, who is luckily fine"

Benjamin lets out a sigh before gently kissing Simon's cheek, watching him climb up on his horse before turning his attention to his brother who is seeming to have difficulty carrying him. "Vincent are you hurt also? Show me" He says, frowning as he looks down at Vincent's stomach to see blood staining his shirt and jacket. "Get onto a horse, I'm sure Mike will be able to carry me. We can't let that wound reopen again" Vincent sighs before hesitantly nodding okay, his ears drooping before he hands Benjamin to Mike and clambers back onto his horse with Scott, who had luckily woken before Benjamin did.

Simon quietly ushers his horse to move, and the group now begin to go along their way back to the Kingdom in silence. No one dared to speak as they all move along, an awkward tension now surrounding the 7 people. Vincent cautiously looks around with his ears perked up as he spots the sun beginning to set, an unnatural vibe causing for him to even growl slightly. Simon, curious as to why Vincent growled, turns to the Cheshire Cat with a raised eyebrow, "Is something the matter, Vincent?"

Vincent shakes his head, shuddering a bit to himself as his ears droop once more, "N-No, sorry your Majesty, I just felt a strange vibe and I didn't like it" He explains, Simon nodding in response before focusing on the road ahead of him. Silence envelopes them again before a howling noise comes from deep within the forest, spooking Jeremy, Mike, Scott and Vincent the most. If there's wolves I swear I'm not gonna be happy... Vincent huffs a bit to himself, raising his ears again to stay on alert in case wolves do appear to attack.

It seems that they're safe however as they begin to reach the edge of the forest, the clearing just in sight now which sparks hope and relief inside of the group. That hope and relief is short lived however when growls come from behind them, Vincent turning to look and growling back when his eyes meet glowing blood red ones. "Shit, we've got company your Majesty, what do we do?" He asks, glaring at the creature lurking in the dark only to spot more red, glowing eyes appearing on all sides of them in the darkness.