|Chapter 28|

Jeremy spends the following morning by Vincent's side in bed, the neko still asleep after the having to stay up so late last night. A small smile is found on the ghost-Alice's lips as he stares down at the sleeping Cheshire Cat, one hand gently stroking his purple hair as purrs sound from the neko's chest. After all that they've been through, Vincent deserves a sleep in at least, well, all of them deserve a sleep in. Jeremy frowns as he thinks to himself, feeling his heart sink as his hand runs through Vincent's surprisingly fluffy hair.

It's my f-fault all this is h-happening, right? I-I've made things s-s-so much h-harder for everybody e-else...He doesn't even notice the tears rolling down his cheeks until they land on the blanket covering Vincent, the Alice sniffling as he quickly wipes them away with shaky hands. D-Dammit Jeremy, s-stop crying. S-Stop being so w-weak. T-The others have a-a-already dealt w-with the problems y-you've caused, s-stop making things w-worse by crying.

"Jeremy...?" The said boy is surprised to hear from Vincent who is sleepily gazing up at him, a worried look coming across the neko's face when he notices the tears. "W...Why are you crying?" He asks, reaching a hand up to wipe Jeremy's tears away only to stop when the ghost-boy flinches and moves away from him. A grunt passes Vincent's lips as he sits up, a frown appearing on his face as he continues to look at Jeremy worriedly. "Jeremy...is something wrong?"

"It's n-nothing" Jeremy snaps and Vincent flinches from Jeremy's cold tone, the Alice noticing this and sighing before taking Vincent's hand into his own, "I just...I was t-thinking. I-It's nothing b-b-bad, I promise" Jeremy smiles to assure Vincent that it's okay, and while it's very unconvincing Vincent doesn't push it. "Alright, you can tell me if there's anything wrong you know" He says quietly before carefully getting out of bed, making sure that none of the stitches have reopened. He glances at Jeremy as he stands and notices how he isn't getting out of bed, sighing as he grabs his jacket and quickly puts it on.

It's silent in the room for a moment before Vincent speaks up, feeling quite awkward, "Should we...go to breakfast or something...?" He asks hesitantly, watching as Jeremy only nods and floats out the door in silence. With a worried frown he exits the room, spotting Scott exit his own with Fritz on his shoulder. The March Hare yawns and stretches his arms above his head, smiling a bit as he then rubs his eyes sleepily.

"Morning Scott, Fritz" Vincent waves to them with a slight smile, the two approaching him with a happy smile in return. "Good morning Vincent, you doing okay?" Scott asks, placing a hand on Vincent's shoulder as he checks the stitches lining Vincent's stomach. "I'm alright, thank you Scott. Did you just wake up?" Scott nods in response to Vincent's question, walking along with him in search of Benjamin, Jeremy, Mike and Simon.

Vincent spots Jeremy out of the corner of his eye and quickly follows where he's headed, Scott having to quickly change direction to follow after the Cheshire Cat. "H-Hey! Vincent wait up!" He cries as he follows after him, stumbling a bit since he was surprised from the sudden change in direction. Vincent doesn't listen however as he follows Jeremy into the large (and very red) kitchen, where Simon is currently with Mike and Benjamin making some breakfast with whatever good food was left behind.

"Oh, good morning! Good to see you're alright! How was your sleep?" Simon asks with a smile, a few murmurs of responses coming from the four newcomers as Simon continues to cook for everyone. "Well, I hope you're hungry! Mike and Benji h-here have helped me out with making breakfast!" Vincent takes note of Simon's surprisingly very happy attitude. What happened with him?

"Heh, well Simon's done most of the work" Benjamin smiles as he places a gentle hand on the small Alice's shoulder, a blush appearing on Simon's cheeks at Benjamin's touch. "G-Get a plate, I-I'll serve up some food n-now!" He says quickly, Scott, Mike and Vincent all grabbing plates so they can get their own food. It's silent at the time of breakfast as everyone gathers around the nearest table to eat, Jeremy only watching on with a frown as everyone eats.

Vincent finds that the silence is growing uncomfortable as he awkwardly eats his food, glancing at Jeremy from time to time only to see that the Alice had in fact been staring. He blushes when their eyes meet but feels his heart hurt slightly when Jeremy is the first to look away, frowning to himself. Did I say something wrong? Why does he look so...upset? Vincent's ears flatten as bad thoughts continue to float about in his mind, eventually getting to the point where he's just playing with his food.

"Well, Simon and I discussed that we'll set off back for the Kingdom in about an hour or so, if that's okay with everyone" Benjamin says once he's finished his breakfast, Mike, Vincent, Scott and Fritz all nodding as they soon finish their food. Jeremy floats away in silence again, Vincent being the only one to notice him do so. After glancing around a couple of times, the Cheshire Cat sneaks out to follow Jeremy, a worried feeling rushing through his body. He needs to make sure that Jeremy is okay.

"Jeremy! Wait!" Vincent calls out after him as he fast-walks in the same direction as the ghost, Jeremy ignoring him however as he tries to lose Vincent by going through many twists and turns of the castle. Vincent, with the help of his good eyesight, just barely manages to keep sight of the Alice and continue to follow him all the way to the courtyard, gritting at his teeth before yelling, "Jeremy STOP!"

The ghost stops right in the middle of the courtyard with a frown on his face, Vincent panting slightly and keeping a hand on top of his wound to check if it's okay. "Jeremy what is going on? Why are you acting so...distant?" He asks worriedly, Jeremy glancing back at him with clenched fists and tears streaming down his face. "L-Leave me a-a-alone Vincent, n-nothing is wrong" He says slowly, visibly shaking.

Vincent shakes his head however and steps towards Jeremy, his features softening as he sighs, "Please tell me what's wrong, I can't help you if you don't tell me!" Jeremy scoffs however and rolls his eyes, crossing his arms and looking away. "I-I-I already T-TOLD you, there's N-NOTHING w-wrong!" He snaps, sending a glare Vincent's way. W-Why am I b-being so r-rude...? Why d-doesn't he just leave m-m-me be?

"Something is clearly bothering you! Just tell me so I can finally help you-!" Jeremy merely interrupts the Cheshire Cat with an annoyed groan, already beginning to float away, "Dammit Vincent y-you j-just don't know w-when to quit i-it, don't y-you? I'm FINE". J-Jeremy stop y-yelling at him! "You're not fine Jeremy I can see it! You were crying this morning! Please just tell me what's wrong! All I want to do is HELP you-!"

"W-W-Well it's n-not like y-y-you help a-at all a-a-anyway!" Jeremy yells at him suddenly, tears clouding his vision. Vincent is shocked from Jeremy's words and freezes in his place, his chest tightening and his ears flattening as he tries to comprehend what Jeremy just said. "Y...You mean that...I'm useless...?" The neko laughs sadly before he steps back, tears already beginning to roll down his cheeks. "Heh, I see how it is. Yeah I'm just the annoying cat that causes trouble for everybody. In that case I'll leave everyone alone, because it's not like I help anyway"

Vincent turns on his heel and leaves the courtyard, refusing to look up at a familiar balcony that he passes underneath as he quickly wipes away his tears. Jeremy whimpers a bit when Vincent leaves and feels his hands shake, sniffling now as he curses at himself. "F-Fucking fuck J-J-Jeremy! W-Why did you d-do that!? Y-You s-s-stupid f-fucking idiot y-y-you've m-messed it u-up again!" He grabs his hair and shuts his eyes tight, shaking his head and whimpering louder.

Meanwhile, Mike spots Vincent walking fast down the hallway with tears in his eyes, confused and worried for his friend as he now quickly follows. "Hey, Vincent are you okay?" He asks quickly, Vincent laughing a bit as he nods, "Y-Yeah I'm fine, w-why do you ask?" Mike frowns however and walks alongside him, rubbing his shoulder. "Vincent...are you sure...?" He says to be sure, Vincent merely nodding before shrugging off Mike's hand and walking ahead.

Mike sighs and shakes his head again, crossing his arms. Something's up, he just knows it.

~*~

I am so sorry for the late update! But I hope you guys like it! I know it's a filler but I'm trying to find a way to end this soon!

See you in the next one!