14

I feel nervous. 

The fact that Emily Sonnett is on the living room, quietly talking with my sister and her two friends - so basically my three sisters - is freaking me out. When did she get so close to me ? And when did I soften for her ? It is harder and harder to hate her, especially since she's such a great person and strong woman. Even standing next to her gives me butterflies in the stomach. Am I starting to fall for her ? That'd be ridiculous. 

I look at myself in the mirror. Saying that I totally hate myself wouldn't be true. I mean, I like myself. I'm cool. But, like, I know I am not the prettiest girl around, and furthermore having a sister as flawless as Allie just puts you back to your place. How could Sonnett, who is so cute with her freckles and shit, find me attractive ? I shake my head : I don't want her to think I'm attractive. That would be awkward, and not very good for the team. 

After putting some makeup on, I finally head downstairs. First thing I see is Tobin, totally crashing on the couch, her feet on Allie's lap. I know my sister hates physical contact, and she hates feet. So, basically, Tobin is messing around with her. I smirk, and as the blonde is insulting her friend, I sit down in between Alex and Sonnett. 

The blonde gives me a warm smile. As Alex goes in the toilets, Emily just looks at me. Our bodies are slightly touching, and it's enough to make me have trouble breathing. 

"You okay with me being here, right ?" she shyly asks, looking straight in my eyes. "I mean, I can leave if not." 

I shake my head. "It's all good" I let out. 

She nods, and looks at Allie and Tobin. 

The two friends are now done messing around, and Tobin is trying to turn the TV on. The fact that she's very bad with electronic devices - and therefor that Christen always is doing the 'tech' things - makes it even more funny. When Alex comes back, she just goes and help her out, while Allie is coming our way. I can see in her eyes that she will do something stupid, as usual. Without asking, she just sits in between Emily and I - more like she actually sits ON me, but whatever - and wraps her arms around our shoulders. 

She then looks down at us, smirking. 

"We're gonna watch 'The Exorcist', and there's no way out of this" she announces. 

We hear Alex clapping her hands together. She never gets scared. Her and Allie just always laugh during horror movies, while Tobin is just sitting here, usually just being bored or making fun of Bati, who screams when anything happen. I, on the other hand, absolutely hate them. I mean, what's the point ?

But I don't want Emily to know that, because she seems pretty excited. 

"Which one ?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

Not the second. God, have mercy on my soul. Not the second. But my prayers go unheard, because my sister proudly says : 

"The second, you know, 'The Heretics', the one where there are those-" she starts loudly, looking at her friends. 

"Yeah, yeah, we got it." I grumpily say. 

She gets up and looks at Emily, who is all smiles. 

The three friends immediately sit down on the ground, and Emily and I just stay on the couch. Ever since Allie left, there still is that space between us. But when the film start, and that I begin to silently freak out, I get closer every five minutes. 

**

"Lindsey, are you scared ?" 

Her whisper just makes me jump. She has a soft laugh, as I am straightening. I didn't even realize, but our hands were touching for almost ten consecutive seconds. I immediately remove it, as she is smirking. 

"It's not funny" I grumble, looking away.

"I know, it's just that-" she starts, but stops to give me a mocking look. "I didn't think The Great Lindsey would be scared of some demons and possessed souls" she then says, holding back her laugh. 

"Jerk" I say. 

As I lay my eyes on the TV again, one of the characters screams and I jump again, this time scared by the face the girl has. It's just awful. I immediately get closer to Emily, and just grabs her arms with both of mine, and bury my face on her shoulder. 

She seems to laugh for a while, but when she sees I am shaking, she stops. She just uses her other hand to give me a clumsy tap on the shoulder.

"I fucking hate this movie" I murmur, cursing Allie for making me watch it. 

The three amigas, on the other hand, are just talking about their next game, and then eventually about the movie. Emily slightly moves, so that her arm is around my shoulders, and my head resting on her thorax. She rests her chin on the top of my head. 

Why does it feel so good ?

"I got you" she whispers. 

Without even knowing why - I mean, physical contact definitely isn't my thing - I gather my hands together against her chest, slightly touching her body. She then adjusts, and then we find the perfect position. I would lie if I say I wanna get out of here. It's the exact opposite : I seem to fit just fine in her arms.

A few seconds afterwards, and after an intense freak out for fifteen minutes, I calm down. Before I even know it, I fell asleep in her arms.