38

Allie looks at me in the eyes, and I can see how sorry she is. 

When she starts running, I immediately open my arms. She jumps into them, and I hold her tighter than I ever did. She starts crying on my shoulder - something she never does, because she's so strong and stuff - and her mouth finds its way to my ear when she whispers : 

"I'm so proud of you, Lindsey. I love you." 

"I love you too, sista" I joke, honest. 

When she releases me from her grip, she turns to face Emily, who is awkwardly standing between Ash and Tobin. Christen seems to have a fit of laughter, while the other three people are looking back and forth between my sister and my girlfriend. Allie takes several steps closer to Emily, who just freezes. 

She starts panicking. 

"A-Allie, I'm s-sorry for crashing, I can uhm-well, go, if you want me to-" she stammers, and I find her even more adorable. 

As an answer, Allie stares at her, amused, and says in a comfortable tone : "Do you want to stay here, Sonnett ?" 

Emily nods. "Y-yeah." 

"Then, you're welcome here." When Allie realizes she's shaking, she bursts into laughter. "Awe, you look like a terrified little lamb" she says, making fun of her in a friendly way. Emily throws a look at me, before her sister opens her arms. "Come here. It's my 'welcome to the family' gift" she adds. 

The defender hesitates, before she accepts the offer and briefly hugs Allie. Then, my sister winks at me and goes near Bati. The boy kisses her, while wrapping his arm around her waist, smiling at her with heart eyes. Servando and Alex are in basically the same position, while Tobin, Christen, Ashlyn and Kelley are just talking about stuff. 

Immediately after dinner, I ask Emily to join me in my bedroom. Tomorrow is the High School Cup finale, and we both know how important that is. So, whereas Allie and her friends are going out to celebrate her birthday - they all promised to be here for the game tomorrow though, even if they are hangovered or something - I asked Emily to stay here instead of going home. When she comes in and closes the door, she is all smiles. 

Her goofy face lightens in a warm smile. 

"God, I love your sister's friends" she lets out, before crashing on my bed next to me. I open my arms so that she can take shelter on them. When she finally feels surrounded by them, she wraps her leg around mine, and smiles again. "And I love you." 

I smirk. "I love you too, Sonnett." 

She then rolls up on top of me, her hands softly caressing my hair before she leans in. My immediate response is to slip my hand under her t-shirt and softly grab her boobs. She moans and smiles in the kiss. 

"Mmh" she lets out, focusing again to make a complete sentence, while I am just enjoying the effect I have on her. "Are you ready for tomorrow ?"

I smile. "I can't believe tomorrow is our last game of the year. Only one year of high school left after that." I relate the events, looking at her in the eyes. 

She leans in and pecks my lips. "Yeah. Funny how time flies." She then remembers something, before biting her lips. "Oh."

"What ?" I ask, confused. 

"My mom wants to invite you over for dinner after the game." she admits, fearing my reaction. 

I tighten my embrace. "She does ?" 

"Yes. Emma insisted, but the idea is hers initially" 

"Okay, then." 

She smiles again and leans in. "We should go to bed, you seductive woman."

"Well, I have other plans..."

** 

We woke up at 6 AM sharp, right at the time when Allie and Bati came home. They were still pretty drunk so they went to bed. After making fun of them, Emily and I headed to the kitchen, making ourselves coffee that we could take with, and we were out. I took Allie's car, and drove right to campus. 

Hao and the rest of the girls already are there - except for Mal, who always is late - waiting in the locker room. Our coach went to talk with the referees, while the gals are just chilling here, listening for some music before the final warm up of the season. I sit down in between Moe and Cari, while Emily joins Danny, who seems freaked out. 

Cari smirks. 

"You guys haven't gotten many hours of sleep I see" she sarcastically says, looking at me with smirking eyes. 

"Shut up" I mutter. 

Abby, who is not far away from us, starts laughing. 

"At least you don't need any warm ups" she jokes, raising her eyebrows. 

"I bet you and Sam don't need those either" I fire back. 

I can clearly see Sam and Abby blush, while the other girls just burst into laughter. Cari then chooses her next victim. 

"So, Danny, how was your date yesterday ?"

Moe straightens. "Oh my God, you went on a date without telling me ? What the fuck ?" she exclaims, crossing her arms against her chest. 

"I uhm-well..." Danny starts, her face turning red. When she notices that everybody is listening, she rolls her eyes. "She just invited me to go and get something to eat, that's all guys." When she sees it isn't enough to stop the teasing stares, she quickly adds : "Let's talk about something else, okay ?"

"No way !" Andi exclaims, smirking. 

Jane frowns. "Wait, 'she' as in Huerta, right ?"

Some of the girls burst into laughter again, but it's Moe and sarcastically says : "Of course it's Huerta, Danny has had a crush on her for so long now, I wonder how you can still doubt about who she goes out with." 

Danny seems uncomfortable, but fortunately for her, Mal comes into the room, out of breath. She sits down next to Andi, and yawns. I am quite sure I caught a worried look from Ashley ; it's true that the pair hasn't spent a lot of time together for weeks now, so I wonder if something happened. 

When Mal catches my stare on Ashley, she yells : 

"Something you wanna say, Linds ?" 

Her defying look is pretty scary, actually. "Nope." 

Before she can open her mouth again, Hao burst into the room. 

"Girls, it's time."