15

"Oh. My. God." Sam yells, looking at Cari, and then at Moe, and then back at Cari. "Are you serious ?" 

That makes my two friends laugh. 

We currently are on the locker room, waiting for our game to begin. It's been four days since Emily came to that slumber party, and we always text each other, even though I don't really like technology. Since she's wearing number 16, she's on the opposite side than us. I, on the other hand, usually sit next to Cari, Moe and Mal, who are number 5,6, and 9. Wearing number 7 is a pure choice, only because it's Allie's favorite number. 

The team has been joined by the two people Hao told us about. They came during training this week, and I gotta admit they're pretty cool. 

Andressa, the Brazilian girl that chose to come and study here, really is a cupcake. She and Cari are on some classes together. Even though she doesn't talk much, or even really doesn't know how to talk English that well, she is just constantly doing goofy things, messing around with Cari, who seems to be her favorite victim. The other girl, on the other hand, is nothing like the brunette. She's talkative, self-confident and overly sarcastic and funny. Rachel is the kind of girl that always is in a great mood. Plus, she run fast. 

So, with those two new faces, and also Steph, who is still injured, we are 14 players. Just enough to play the games. The only problem is that Jane is our only keeper, so if she gets injured, one of us has to go in goal. 

Back to the current situation : Cari and Moe are laughing their asses off. I, on the other hand, just roll my eyes. 

Cari seems offended. "Yes ! Why is it so unbelievable that I actually date someone ?" she asks, raising her eyebrows. "I mean, look at me. I'm obviously flawless"

"You have a boyfriend ?" Andi asks, late to the party. Her eyes are wide open, as she is just as shocked as everybody else. 

"Yes !" she says, rolling her eyes. "His name is Nick."

Danny's eyes go wide. "Wait, as in Nick Besler, the freaking university's soccer star ?" she exclaims. "I fucking knew it !"

Cari blushes a little bit. It's been seven months since they actually started getting close, and only one ago he kissed her. So now, they're a couple, and I have to say they fit each other just fine. Plus, he's Eric's best friend, and also Drew's (my childhood friend) friend. 

While everybody is congratulating her, Sam is just letting her eyes wonder on the bench. The locker room is divided in two sides : the numbers under 10 - 10 not included - and then the ones above 10. So Jane (1), Cari (5), Danny (4), Moe (6), Sam (3), myself (7) and Mal (9) are on one side, while Emily (16), Dahlkemper (14), Andi (10), Ashley (12), Rachel (13) and Andressa (17) are on the other. 

I follow Sam's eyes, and I find them locked on Abby, who is currently talking with Sonnett about defensive matter. She came back this week, claiming that her absence was due to a death in her family. I've seen her and Sam fight over something after practice on Monday, and it's already Thursday and they still haven't talked. I can see Sam's hurt, but she's also too proud to go and apologize. And Abby is exactly the same person. I suddenly feel bad for her, especially since I am the one always saying they better not get together. 

Since Sam is not next to me, I can't say anything. So I just listen to Moe talking : 

"Oh, and Danny has a crush !" she exclaims. 

We all are looking at Danny - aka the most non-sentimental girl ever - and she suddenly blushes and look down. 

"Morgan is obviously inventing things that don't exist !" she exclaims, trying to get out of this uncomfortable position she's in.