25

I take my cigarette out of my pocket. 

After smoking two full joints with Bati, Serva, Allie and Alex, I just headed outside to get some fresh air. Everything is turning around me, and I feel my body having a hard time dealing with gravity laws right now. When I hear someone getting closer to me, I just roll my eyes, thinking that it's Emily with lame excuses or something. 

But it's definitely not Emily. I thought that when I turned around, but with further consideration, I can understand why I thought it was her : a blonde girl is standing right here, arms crossed on her chest. 

"Emma ?" I ask, surprised. 

Wait, she just got out of a two-year coma, why the hell is she going to a party only two weeks after she woke up ? She must've seen my grin, because there is a smile lightening her face a little bit. 

"Lindsey" she says in a genuine tone. "You don't seem really happy to see me"

"It's not that" I assure her, smirking. "I just didn't think you'd be that... fit, when I met you and then... I mean, you look great, you seem... okay." I blurt out. 

She smirks. "Right" she lets out, probably making fun of my face and problems with my talking. "I wanted to talk to you." 

"You found me" I say. 

She seems to hesitate a second. 

"Emily didn't send you that text." 

"What ?" I let out, half-relieved, but also half-upset. I frown, and then my voice comes out as aggressive : "I'm going to kill your mom, I swear to God-"

"I did" she cuts me. 

I look at her, truly surprised. What the hell is going on here ? Why would she do something like that ? She didn't look like a psycho. God, I totally regret even talking to her right now : I wasted some precious time to go and talk to her the day before she woke up, and that's how that bitch thanks me ? I know alcohol is increasing bad thoughts, but I just can't help but throw a death glare at her. 

As I am setting my jaw and trying to keep a straight face, I say : 

"Why ?" 

That makes her smile. "I lied to the doctors" she explains, as if it is not that big of a deal. "I do remember things from when I was... away"

"That is ?"

"Like, you confessing you like my sister, for instance ?" she ironically says. 

"I never said..." I begin, and then cross my arms against my chest. "I said 'might' like her, it's not like I really like her or something I-"

"You do like her. You're so obvious, so don't lie to my face" Emma interrupts me in a cold tone. "I know what kind of person you are, Lindsey, and I don't want my sister to be influenced by such a messy person as you are" 

"I beg your pardon ?" I ask, really angry this time. 

"Look at you" she says as an answer. "You only drink to forget the ton of problems you have, probably a messy childhood, and I guess some family drama ?" she then goes on, psychoanalyzing me or something. "You're a mess. A damaged person, and I don't want Emily to hang out with someone like that. No offense."

"You know what, Emma ?" I start, feeling my anger grow inside of my stomach. "I really thought your mother was the biggest bitch of all. But that was before I met you." 

She smirks, and says in an arrogant tone : "You can think whatever the hell you want about me, but I want to protect Emily. You know I'm right : you have zero chance with her."