28

The last people to arrive are, with no surprise, Hope and Carli. Their boyfriends, Brian and Jerramy, who also play in the rugby team, immediately go and greet the guys. They all have been friends when they started dating the girls from the soccer team. Watt is here too, with Kealia of course. The pair hasn't been dating for long, but they were really cute and the boy had been in love with her for a very long time. 

The party has been going on for three hours now, and when Alex came in, she just erupted in joy and screams and stuff, and jumped into Allie and Tobin's arms. The three friends just laughed in sync. 

Emily has been dancing for quite a while now, alongside Kristie, Moe and Cari, while Stephanie and I just stay on the couch. You know, it's just not our thing, and as much as I want to go and dance with her, I restrains myself from doing so. One : because I suck at dance, especially with people I like, and Two : because I don't want Ashley and Tobin to throw glances at me all the time, and then teasing me about it. 

But when there is a slow song, Emily looks at me for a sec, before heading my direction. Everything seem to go slow motion. Now that everybody is a little bit drunk and act like they don't care, she doesn't care either. 

She stretches her hand to me. 

"Wanna dance ?" she asks in a rather sexy voice. 

I blink. 

She doesn't wait for me to answer. I look around as she is dragging me to the dance floor. Stephanie, still sitting on the couch, just winks at me, before welcoming Kristie on her lap. The blonde, who is quite drunk, starts kissing her with passion. Then, I see Moe and Cari, drunk-dancing together, not paying attention, and then the other couples moving slowly. Allie is not here, probably doing something in the kitchen for Alex with Tobin, while the rest of the people here are either drinking, or... drinking. 

Emily doesn't think long before wrapping her arms around my neck, slowly coming closer to me. I cough, and let my hands touch her waist. She looks at me in the eyes, before gluing our bodies together, so that she can hug me and rely her chin on my shoulder. My whole body seems to shiver, while my knees suddenly are weak. 

I feel her warm breath against my neck, and having her so close to me just makes me forget about everything else. 

She pulls away a little bit, just to see my reaction. "You okay ?" 

"Y-yeah" I stammer.

"Do I make you uncomfortable ?" she then asks, raising her eyebrows. 

I don't know if it's because of alcohol, but it seems to me like she is flirting with me. Is that even possible ? Maybe I am just getting this all wrong. 

"No" I lie, using my confident tone to erase what I said earlier. She then shakes her head a little bit, rolling her eyes. When her eyes meet mine again, I let out : "A little bit, maybe." 

"That's funny."

"How so ?" I ask, confused. 

She gets closer to me, and her mouth find its way to my ear. 

"Because you're the one making me nervous."  

I can easily imagine her blushing. 

Before I even notice, she had pulled away to see my reaction, but instead of just looking at her, I start leaning in. When our noses touch, and we lock eyes, I feel the electricity in the air. Either of us move. Does she want it as much as I do ? I blink, just to see if it's not a dream. It's not. So why isn't she pushing me away ? Do I stand a chance ? 

As I am leaning in a little bit closer, I hear the door slam, and also the music end. I suddenly realize where we are, and what is going on, so I just escape her embrace and take a few steps backwards. She seems embarrassed, so she just turns around and starts running toward the door. When she exits the room, the only thing I have left in me is doubt. 

What just happened ? 

**  

Moe and Cari each grab one of my arms to drag me in a separate room. 

They both seem pretty shocked, so I assume they saw what happened - I mean, Emily and I getting really close all of a sudden - and are wondering what is happening. I know I am the first person to say that a relationship on a soccer team is not healthy in a team, and I said it enough for Sam and Abby. I know it sucks that I fell for her, so I am just ready to be yelled at, and then judged for what I am feeling. 

Moe is the more diplomatic between the two, so she starts :

"Lindsey" her sweet voice comes to my ears, and I can feel she's carefully choosing her words. "Do you... like, have a thing for Emily ?" 

"A thing ?" I repeat, not sure to understand her point. 

"Feelings" Cari immediately reacts, and Moe just gives her a blow in the ribs. "Ouch, that hurts !"

"Shut up" Moe says, rolling her eyes. She then puts her attention back on me. "I mean, is it possible that you have..."

"... Feelings..." Cari insists, raising her eyebrows. 

Moe throws a death glare at her, but immediately goes on : "... for Emily ?"

"Yes" I sigh, looking down. 

What ? Wait, why did I say that ? Wasn't I supposed to hide them away from my two best friends ? That sounds ridiculous, they'll hate me now. I sigh, looking up. When I catch eyes with Cari, something weird happens. I start crying like a baby, burying my face in my hands. I immediately feel my friends coming closer to me, and hugging me tightly. The tears won't stop running down my eyes, and my body is shaking a bit. 

Cari is the one saying :

"It's okay, Linds, we're here"

"Shit" I let out, shaking my head. 

"It's okay" the brunette repeats, while Moe is silently sitting next to me. 

"I don't want to.... feel.... anything" I stammer between two heavy breaths. "She... Doesn't.... I m-mean... well-uhm..." 

"Shhh" Moe whispers. "It's okay. You're okay." 

They know it's the first time I feel something for someone other than friendship or deep hate, they know it's a big deal for me. And the way Emily looked at me before running away meant pretty much that she doesn't return them. 

I should've known sooner. The first time she crossed that damn classroom door, I should've shut everything down. 

But now it's too late. 

"Shit" I repeat.