23

"Emily, wait !"

The rain is pouring, and the sky seems to fall on us. 

She stops on the other side of the street. She probably forgot her umbrella, because I can clearly see her hair wet on her face. She looks straight at me, raising her eyebrows. I run under the rain, trying to keep everything collected. The street is drown into the sweet light of the moon, but nothing else. Nobody's here beside us. 

I finally get right in front of her, standing still. I set my jaw, and I see her eyes wander on me, stopping on my face. She seems worried. 

"Lindsey ? I told you I didn't-" she starts. 

But the simple pressure of my lips against hers make her stop. 

Raindrops are running down my face, but all I seem to feel is her lips on mine, slowly kissing me back. My arms are around her waist, and she just seems to finally accept the fact that there's no way out of this. Her hands firmly grab my forearms, while she is standing on her tiptoe because of the height difference. My feelings all go out of my body, suddenly increasing ever since she's with me. 

Our long, passionate kiss ends up few seconds afterwards, as she is slowly pulling away. She has her eyes closed, but mine aren't. I don't wanna miss a bit of her, or of the way she is now smiling shyly, her face showing hesitation. She then opens them, and when she sees my eyes are already on her, she blushes. 

And giggles. That sweet, little giggle of hers that drives me crazy. 

She takes my hand, and we walk straight at her house. When she opens the door, the first thing I see is this bed in the middle of her living room. She doesn't wait long before kissing me again, this time more dominant. As I am starting kissing her back, she walks backwards. But I follow her. We end up suddenly falling on the bed, her on top of me, actually. Her hands slip under my shirt. 

"You have no idea how long I have been praying for this to happen" she whispers against my lips. 

I moan as a response, and she immediately starts caressing my nude body. My skin burns under her touch, and my body suddenly tenses up. She turns me on so badly. My hands are wandering on her back, my short nails harassing her skin. I can hear her heartbeats against her chest and mine, and I know our hearts are in sync. 

Then, the scene totally changes. 

The room is white, but the walls are full of blood. Emily is here. I didn't see her right away because she actually hanging on the wall. She's in the Christ's position, her mouth and eyes seeming to cry blood. I start screaming, before rushing to her. But when I get here, there is a loud sound behind me. 

I turn around and see a man I don't know, a gun in hand. I try to go back to Emily, but he shots me. 

BANG. 

**

I wake up.

I can tell my breathing is very heavy and fast by the way my chest is rising and then down again. I put my hands on my face, sighing. Stupid dream. I then get up and start heading downstairs, but voices stop me. 

I immediately recognize Carli's. 

"... maybe she doesn't want to know" she is saying in a cold voice. I can already guess she's talking to Allie and maybe somebody else. "If she had wanted to look for them, she would have done it already. Believe me, she doesn't want anything to do with him." 

"But..." my sister starts, and I can feel an unusual amount of concern in her shaking voice. 

Somebody moves next to her. "I don't think this is your decision to make, this is none of your business" Alex says. 

"Of course it is my business ! She's my sister, goddamnit !" Allie exclaims. 

Great, they're talking about me. I frown, and silently get closer so that I can hear a third person talking. 

"Of course she is" Christen says in a calm voice. "What Alex meant is that maybe there is a reason why Lindsey doesn't want to know anything about her biological father". 

I can hear someone sigh loudly. 

"If it was only up to me, I wouldn't tell her a thing !" Allie says, frustrated. "I mean, he abandoned her ! And now, he just wants to see her because he's a rich business man that wants to make a good impression for the presidential election !" 

"Wait, how long have you known this...?" Alex asks. 

"He contacted me one month ago. I didn't know what to do, okay ? So I panicked, shut my mouth, and now I'm scared she won't forgive me if she knows I kept something that important away from her" the blonde quickly explain, her voice growing worried. 

I set my jaw. I really don't know what I want to do right now : burst into tears, go and clap my biological '''''''''father''''''''', or slap Allie. I can feel a high tension in my body, but for now I just remain hidden. 

The scene downstairs seems to have changed. I hear footsteps, so I guess they are eating. It's lunch time already, and I know they had a study session today. 

"What do I do now ?" Allie asks, and I can feel the despair in her voice. 

Someone sighs again. "Is he that bad ?" Christen asks. Allie must've nodded, because the Latina goes on : "Then, talk to Tobias, see what he thinks."

I frown. 

I feel the sudden urge to get out of this house. So I start running down the stairs, and before any of them could say anything - they obviously know I heard anything - I go out of the house. I feel like I am suffocating. First, this weird dream about a girl that doesn't want to see me again and hasn't answered any of my texts in three fucking days, and then this. 

First thing I do once I am sure nobody followed me to the park is call Moe.