36

We are chilling on the living room. 

It's 4 PM already, and the sun is already going down. We've been here for two hours, sitting next to each other, eventually relying on each other. Emily is currently on my arms. We got the chance to talk about everything ; the heartbreaks, the feelings, the problems we both have been through... And we talked about everything. And we went silent. 

Silence. 

My fingers eventually are running down her perfect hair, as my chin is relying on the top of her head. She us cuddling by my side, a soft smile on her lips. 

"What are you thinking about ?" I ask in a sweet voice.

She looks up at me and grins. "You are comfortable". Her giggle then makes me shiver, and she must have felt it because a big smile is now on her face. She turns over and wraps her leg around my waist. 

Her fingers then caress my cheeks. 

"What about Drew ?" I ask, knowing that I needed to hear that she was mine. 

But I knew she wouldn't say it right away. She probably hasn't broken up with him yet, just the way I haven't broken things off with Dagny. 

"I honestly don't know... He's such a good guy, and I am afraid he will hate both of us and then tell everyone about us and-" she starts

"Relax, Sonnett" I ironically say. 

She sighs. "I know I should have thought about that before I became his girlfriend, but at the time I had confusing feelings for you I absolutely didn't want to feel, so I didn't think at all..." she starts apologising, before something clicks in her head. "Wait a minute... You and Dagny..."

"Things are going well" I tease her, raising my eyebrows. 

She then realised I am trying to make her jealous and punches me in the arm. I let a small 'ouch' out before she leans in and brings our lips together. I immediately responded by slipping my hand to the hollow of her back and pull her closer. She then totally climbs on me and starts kissing my neck. Nothing sexual, just a warm moment between us. 

After a few seconds, I totally reverse the situation. Now on top, I tease her by licking her lips, without kissing them. 

"Jerk" she lets out, smiling. 

"Whatever you say, I know you love me" 

Those words escaped my mouth. Emily seems surprised at first, but then her facial expression soften and she just smirks. 

"You're right, I do." I feel her hands finding their way under my t-shirt and caressing my skin, which makes me want to kiss her even more. I restrain myself from doing so, responding by making our noses touch. "When I love someone, I don't let them go away with other people, so Dagny better not stick around." she seriously adds. 

I roll my eyes. "Dagny won't be a problem, as long as Drew isn't one as well." I reassure her. 

But I can see in her eyes that she is worried. I know what questions comes next. 

"What are we... Exactly ?" she shyly asks. 

"Geez, why do everybody want to be put into a box ?" I ask, leaning away a little bit. She seems surprised by my reaction, but doesn't remove her hands. "Two girls in love, is that good enough for you ?" 

Her eyes lighten. "For now" she thoughtfully says. "Now, please kiss me because you're really attractive." 

I burst into laughter, and do as I am told. 

** 

"Sonnett" a serious voice calls behind us. 

She is just about to leave, putting her jacket on, when my sister and her best friends appear in our field of view. I roll my eyes, as Emily is throwing a concerned glare at me. We slowly turn around in sync, only to find Allie, arms crossed against her chest, visibly not very happy to see the girl that broke my heart standing next to me. 

Emily practically chuckles. 

"Hey... Allie" she says, faking a smile. 

"What the fuck are you doing here ?" Tobin asks in a harsh voice. 

The defender looks at me, probably looking for explanations. Last time she came here, Allie and her friends welcomed her with opened arms. I make a funny face, and she understands that I talked to them about her, and about what she's done. She looks down at the ground, as Tobin is walking straight at us. She then grabs Emily's t-shirt, but I don't let her do it. She pushes me away and looks at Emily with angry eyes. 

This is freaking terrifying, for both Emily and I. Allie, on the other hand, is smiling, while Alex is just frowning. 

"Uhm, okay, Tobin-" Emily starts, trying to explain. 

"There is no Tobin here, understood ?" the midfielder goes on, eye-killing the girl I love. 

"Tobs, stop !" I order. 

The brunette looks at me, before walking away and stand next to Allie and Alex. Emily takes this as a 'you should really go' and opens the door. She throws a quick look at me, and I can tell she isn't angry. She understands. She then shyly smiles and closes the door behind her. I then cross my arms against my chest and turn around to face the three girls. 

Now I am the one quite angry. 

"What the hell ?" I ask, half-yelling at them. 

"What the hell was she doing here ?" Allie exclaims, raising her hands up in the air. "You remember she broke your heart, right ?" 

"Yeah" I say, looking straight at her. "She fixed it, so now just leave me be !"

As I am trying to walk pass them to go in my room, Alex gets in my way. I look down at her, rolling my eyes. 

"Lindsey, we only want to make sure she is honest" the forwards explains in a calm voice, trying to calm me down as well. "Even though those two weirdos aggressed her... We care about you, that's all." 

I nod, and then go to my room. I then collapse on my bed. As I am weighting the pros and the cons of becoming officials with Emily - I mean, to our team, to my family and basically the whole school - I realise there are more reasons not to become officials, especially because of her mother. 

My phone buzzes, and when I see Emily's name appear on the screen, I immediately read the text she sent me. 

Em :

Look I know it's going to be complicated, but I care about you too much to let this go. I will fight for you, and we will fight for us together. I love you.