31

"I felt so humiliated" I cry out, letting my head rely on Allie's shoulders. Tobin is here too, squeezing my hand when she feels I am about to cry again. Alex, on the other hand, just has one of her arms wrapped around my shoulders, holding me tight, while my sister is just holding me too. "I know it's not Drew's fault, because he'd never have done that to me if he knew I was in love with the girl in question... Damn it !"

Alex frowns. "What are you gonna do now ?" she asks, trying to talk with a soft tone because she knows I am about to stab someone in the heart. 

"I don't know" I mutter, looking down as I am shaking my head in disbelief. All I am thinking right now is that I shouldn't have kissed her. Keeping it in my dreams, so it wouldn't have hurt like that. "I wish I'd never have to cross her path again" I add, sighing. 

"I can go kick their asses if you want" Tobin proposes. 

"No !" I say, and she looks disappointed. I can totally imagine her and Christen demolishing Drew. "Please, it's not his fault. He..."

"Knows" Allie interrupts me.

I look at her, straightening a little bit. What does she mean he knows ? Knows what ? That he fucked up big time without knowing why ? 

"What ?" 

Allie blushes. "I... kinda showed to his door after you fell asleep yesterday night..." she starts, and when she sees the death glare I am giving her, she immediately puts her hands up in the air and says : "What ? I saw you cry all night, did you really think I would've shut my mouth up ? Let's be real, he deserved to be yelled at." 

"Allie !" I exclaim, raising my eyebrows. 

The blonde shrugs. "What ? He knows I hate when somebody hurt my sister." she says in an innocent voice. "Besides, he didn't seem upset. He was sad, actually."

"Sad ?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. 

"Yep" she says. "He didn't know you were in love with his girlfriend. So, it's kind of a bummer. I don't know if he will break up with her though..."

"I don't want him to" I sadly let out. I totally do. The three friends are looking at me in disbelief, so I go on : "Emily is dating him because she is into guys. I don't stand a chance anyway, so if they're happy like that..."

"Bullshit" Alex lets out.

"Lex, don't" Allie orders, seeing that her words are pissing me off.

"Sorry" she says, but doesn't seem sorry at all. After a few second of silence, she can't help but say ; "It's just that you deserve to be happy Linds, and of this Sonnett girl is making you happy, then you shouldn't let go like that !"

"Alex, she loves Drew, not me." I grumpily say.

In the same moment, there is a knock on the door. When Ashlyn comes in, she's not alone.

Drew.

The older girls exchange a long look, before all agreeing that they should go to the library to study. So they awkwardly left the house, and when walking near Drew, Tobin throws him a death glare, but doesn't say anything. I sigh.

When we're left on our own, he sits down, probably thinking that it would make me feel better. He looks down, as I am trying to hide my red eyes and dark circles under them. But he can clearly see them. He's not dumb : he knows I am hurt, and upset.

He frowns. "Lindsey, I come here in peace" he lets out, looking at his feet. His voice is clear and quite confident. "You are my best friend. Always has been, and always will be. Why didn't you tell me you were... Well, into girls ?"

I shake my head. In the beginning, I didn't want to tell him anything at all about Emily. But the words just somehow get through my lips :

"I'm not into girls" I start.

"But I thought-"

"Only into Emily" I go on, ignoring him. "Maybe I should've told you, I know that. But you should have told me too ! I mean, you obviously have a crush on her, she's your goddamn girlfriend!"

"Yeah, about that..." He starts, frowning. "I love her. I really do. But our friendship is more important to me. If having her means I can't have you, I'd rather break up with her, Lindsey. You're my sister, and I don't-"

I open my eyes widely. "No, no, it's okay. I guess she's into you too. I'll be okay."

"Will you ?" He asks, not sure.

"Yeah. Just don't kiss her in front of me okay ?"

"I love you dumbass" he lets out, relieved.

With that said, he hugs me tight. I hope I made the right decision.

**

I've been studying really hard for three hours now, because I am late with some reading I had to do. Since I seemed to do everything but studying in my room, I decided to come in the schools library.

When I got up to look for a book, I abruptly bump into a person. When our eyes meet, I immediately feel like I've known the girl. She's taller than I am (that's hard to do) and her eyes are grey and sarcastic. I raise my eyebrow.

Holy crap I think I've actually seen her before. Her long blonde hair are familiar.

She smirks. "Hey, Lindsey. I see you can't stop bumping into me".

"Shit, Dagny, you scared the crap outta me" I let out, quite pissed.

Dagny Brynjardottir is one of the star player of our rival team, and I've tackled her quite a lot. She's always been beautiful and seemed very funny, but the only conversations we had was flirt.

She raises her eyebrow.

"So, still angry at me, Long ?" She asks in her strong Icelandic accent. "I mean, last time we saw each other, you seemed pretty upset that I scored the winning goal when you were marking me."

"What are you doing here anyway ?" I ask, ignoring her comments.

She laughs. "I was looking for you, actually. I need help."

"Help ?" I repeat, already rolling my eyes. "You could've just sent me a text."

"I know" she says in a calm tone. This girl really can't be disturbed in any way. "It's just that I wanted to see you."

"What can I help you with ?" I ask, still ignoring the flirting.

Not that I don't find her attractive or something (because I totally do), it's just that I don't want her to think she's that great.

That makes her laugh. She gets closer to me, and smirks.

"I'll see you around, Lindsey." She then sexily whispers, before turning her back on me and go away.

I shake my head.