Chapter 22

“Not at all,” John answered quickly. Her head swung over to John, I just glared at the two of them. Immature.

“Really? Then tell me, why was your hand scooting so closely to Luna's?” he continued to tease, leaning in closely. John didn't answer. “Is it just me, or has my green color spread to our dear Jonathan?”

“Edward.” I muttered warningly.

“It's just you,” John muttered, glaring at Edward. Luna crossed my arms and returned to watching the movie. John slumped back, frowning at the television screen and mumbling something I couldn’t quite hear. I got up and sat on the floor, I can’t stay in one place too long anymore. I caught movement out the corner of my eye and instinctively turned around.

“You aren't going to eat?” Luna asked me, lightly tapping my shoulder. What exactly am I supposed to say to that? Now Ed was looking at me as well.

“Um no I’m fine.” I muttered, looking completely interested in Alice riding on the hat.

“Kat?” John asked knowingly. I just nodded and he sighed, sinking deeper into the couch. Since taking toxin, I wasn’t hungry at all really. I would drink something every now and again, but I didn’t ever eat. The last time was…. I don’t know… a week or two minimum?

I sat there and tried to watch the movie; honestly I did. But I couldn’t help but want more… medicine. I had become the slightest bit addicted to John’s toxin, causing extra blood problems. I tried everything to break it; but nothing worked. I hadn’t had any in a few days… but I really needed it, especially since that idiot Clayface drugged me. I glared slightly and could hear Luna and John murmuring. I eventually couldn’t stand it any longer. I got up and walked to my room and closed the door. Once inside, I walked into my bathroom and opened one of the bottom cabinets. Under all the towels there lay a single, half filled vial. I grabbed it and brought it with me as I opened my door and walked to the fridge. I found a bottle of Sprite and opened it; pouring in half of what was left in the vial.

“You know, it’s only going to make it worse.” John whispered down at me, frowning. I looked up, capped the bottle, and shook it.

“You said ease up, not quit cold turkey.” I muttered, opening the bottle and taking a big swig. I instantly felt rejuvenated.

“Katrina,” He whispered. “You can’t keep doing this.”

“I’ll stop John.” I really meant it. “I just need to ease myself off of it. It is in my blood after all.” I smirked and walked over to the couches.

“What I miss?” I smiled at Ed as I sat down next to him again.

“Mad Hatter’s in chains.” He shrugged.

“The way he should be.” John nodded.

“What?” I rounded on him slightly agitated; no one talks about Johnny Depp like that.

“Jervis Tetch?” John said in a ‘derp’ voice. My eyes got slightly wider and I looked at the screen. “He showed up didn’t he?” John sighed.

“No…” I muttered. Edward glared and started mumbling things. “What are you ranting about?”

“I don’t trust him.” He frowned.

“What’s wrong with Jervis?” Luna asked.

“I believe the question should be what’s RIGHT with Jervis.” He sighed and shook his head. “He could have been a brilliant scientist. Obsession does over power intellect though.” Luna and I looked at each other smirking. John just chuckled and I had to try hard to not laugh.