Chapter 26

---- just warning you. this one's shorter than what i'm used to writing, but necissary for now =P---SNE

The two of us ended up falling asleep upstairs last night after watching the Saints win, playing pool, and drowning ourselves in soda.

“Ugh,” I muttered, rolling over on the floor. “Is this what’s it’s like to have a hangover?” I groaned. Chris was beside me laughing.

“Not at all. Hangovers are so much worse.” He chuckled.

“And you know that how?” I smirked at him.

“Katty, I’m twenty.” He said. “You’re what? Eighteen?”

“Yes.” I frowned at him.

“I have a bunch of older friends, and trust me, you’d know if this was a hangover.” He smiled over at me. I was chuckling to myself, imagining him drunk when the front door opened up down stairs.

“Chris!” I feminine voice called. I looked over and saw my friend smile and jump up to run down the stairs.

“Cathy!” he yelled back. I got up and walked down the stairs, seeing him pick her up and spin her around; causing her to laugh.

“What’s going on?” she said, finally gaining control of her laughter and balance. She looked up at me and looked back to Chris.

“She’s home! Cathy, I want you to meet my old friend, Katrina Boudreaux.” He motioned for me to come down the stairs and the other girl smiled. She had blonde hair, blue eyes, and was fairly short. She was wearing a little sundress… in November… okay?

“It’s so nice to finally meet you! Chris talks about your adventures as kids all the time.” She laughed and hugged him.

“Nice to meet you too.” I said a little nervously. She just smiled at me and so did Chris.

“So, you ready to go hun?” she smiled up at him. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead. They looked like the other one was their entire reason for living… it was nice to see that some relationships are perfect.

“Mhmm, can Katrina come with us?” he smiled when she nodded her head and I looked confused.

“Where are we going?” I asked nervously. “It’s only…”

“It’s two in the afternoon.” Cathy giggled. “You two must have slept from a long night of playing pool.”

“Don’t forget the soda.” I muttered, I was experiencing a serious stomachache, so I didn’t feel like moving too much.

“Come on Kat!” Chris laughed, seeming to be fully recovered. “We gotta leave now if we want a good parking spot down on Bourbon!” he smiled excitedly at me, just like the little kid at the zoo.

“Fine.” I rolled my eyes. “I can’t drink or anything though…”

“We always need a DD.” Cathy tried to help. I rolled my eyes and climbed the stairs.

“I’ll just go change into something ‘party worthy.’” I smirked and heard Chris celebrate a bit. I walked into the game room and grabbed my backpack before retreating to my parents’ bathroom. I didn’t even bother with a shower, but I did pull out my straightener. I straightened my now brown hair and added my normal amount of eyeliner before slipping into some black skinny jeans and a ‘pirate’ blouse. It was white and had the puffy, short sleeves with the big black belt. I put pulled out black converse and heels… converse won. After grabbing my phones and stuffing everything back into the backpack, I walked down stairs; surprising the couple waiting for me.