Chapter 32

I looked up and saw a tall, lean figure with blonde hair and blue eyes staring back at me.

“How are you?” he smirked back, reminding me of Edward and Joker. I smirked and stood up, putting my hands on my hips, making his smirk grow.

“I’m fine.” I said back.

“You sure are.” He chuckled as I rolled my eyes.

“Be careful Firefly,” Penguin snickered a few cells down. “You don’t want to meet Edward quite yet. Not when you’ve actually got a chance of climbing up the criminal status bar.”

“Excuse me?” he frowned, turning away from me. His voice wasn’t as deep as the Bat’s but it was deeper than John’s; and it sounded very alluring.

“Don’t ‘cha know?” I asked in Storm’s voice, giggling like a little girl, causing him to turn around; understanding dawning in his eyes. “I’m the Riddler’s girl, duh.” I rolled my eyes.

“You’re really creepy when you do that.” Ivy called out. I whirled around to face her.

“When did you get in here?” I frowned and she just smiled at me.

“A couple weeks ago. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you kitten.” Selina said next to her.

“Wait… you BOTH got caught?” I nearly shrieked.

“Yup.” They smiled.

“When did you two get along?” Penguin frowned. “You two never get along.”

“We do.” They frowned. “When kitten’s around.” Selina finished.

“I feel special.” I smiled, sitting on my bunk. It was weird not to be in Ed’s cell, I wasn’t used to this one. 

“You should.” Jervis smiled at me. “You bring everyone together! Put them with people they’d kill otherwise!” he hopped from foot to foot with excitement. “That’s why you’re my Alice! You understand things others don’t! You make me feel important! You’re my Alice!”

“Let’s hope Edward hasn’t turned on those lovely cameras yet.” Ivy smirked.

“Jervis,” I started, smiling at him. “Dear I’m not your Alice.”

“But of course you are! If Luna’s not my Alice, you must be her!” he smiled enthusiastically.

“Luna isn’t your Alice,” I started, smiling at my genius. “Because she’s Dorothy.” I smiled triumphantly.

“What?” everyone asked. I looked over at Firefly, and the new kid seemed to get it.

“Yes.” I nodded vigorously. “She’s Scarecrow’s Dorothy. He was looking for her like you were for Alice.” I saw understanding form in his eyes bright before sadness filled them. “You’ll find your Alice soon.” I soothed. “She’s probably closer than you think.”

“Are you my Alice then?” he asked with hope in his voice.

“No my dear Hatter.” I smiled sadly at him.

“But how could you not?” he asked, a smile forming on his face once he realized I couldn’t think of a response.

“She’s the Princess.” Firefly said. I turned around and gave him a confused stare; he just winked at me. “Just as Harley’s a Princess, so is Katrina here.”

“How so?” Selina asked, clearly interested by the new kid.

“It seems that Joker and Riddler have been the prince’s of crime. The Clown Prince, and the Prince of Puzzles. Each one needing someone to call their own, their princess.” He crossed his arms smiling and my mouth hung open. He was absolutely brilliant.