Chapter 30

I walked through the door to the garage and smiled when I saw my bike. I grabbed my keys off a hook on the white wall and ran to my baby.

“I don’t care how you people get there.” I called back. “But I’m taking her.” I stroked the sleek body. I could hear John chuckle as he opened his black sports car.

“No,” Edward frowned at Jon. “I'm driving.” I smirked and shook my head, grabbing my helmet.

“What?” Jon almost hissed. I rolled my eyes as I straddled my bike. “Do you not trust me enough?”

“That's exactly it. With Luna in the vehicle, I'd rather you drive quickly, so that if we crash, I'll die without pain.”

“Hey,” I called before putting on my helmet. “Let’s not crash okay?”

“I wouldn’t!” John said defensively.

“Just to be safe, let me drive.” Ed held out his hands for the keys and John reluctantly gave them to him.

“I’ll race ya!” I called, starting my engine and revving it a bit.

“I thought you said no crashing.” John teased.

“I won’t.” I winked, jamming the helmet on my head and took off.

The streets were full of cars and people; tonight something was going on. I easily maneuvered my way through everything and had finally reached the parking garage behind the bank only to see it was barricaded. I kept my black visor down as I approached the policeman standing behind the wooden block.

“What’s going on?” I asked, pitching my voice higher.

“Anonymous tip.” He smiled back, thankfully not looking at my outfit or scar. I’d have to remember to grab a jacket when I left the house now. “Nothing for you to worry about ma’am.”

“Thank you.” I nodded, quickly taking off before he could start making connections. “Call John.” I said to the device in my helmet, causing it to dial his number and display the call to the right of my vision.

“Hello?” he asked.

“Hey Johnny.” I smiled.

“Hello dear.”

“Well we have a slight problem with parking tonight. So you’ll have to go a few streets down to park. I’m hopping the roofs; you’re welcome to join me.” I laughed.

“Oh, okay.” He was probably smiling. I hung up and kept riding, trying to find a good spot. I came across an alley a few streets down and parked there before starting to climb the fire escape. I had gotten about half way when I heard a car engine. I went to the edge railing and sat on it, smiling down at the three emerging figures.

“Took you long enough.” I called down. “Did you stop for dinner?”