Chapter 29

I woke up at five and walked into my bathroom, going through my usual ritual of locking everything and starting my shower. I covered my mirror and stripped, stepping under the hot water. I shampooed my long brown hair and shaved and soaped. Thirty minutes later I stepped out and into a towel feeling completely at ease and clean. I walked into my room and looked through my clothes, finally finding a comfortable outfit. I was wearing pink lined black running shorts with a Pink Floyd t-shirt that hung off my left shoulder. I straightened my hair and put on my eyeliner before walking over to my dresser and staring at the two necklaces. The chain, with the three keys I found sitting to the right of the black velvet choker I found in my mom’s dresser with the corresponding locks. I sighed and tested my luck, putting each key in the locks and turning each one. I heard something try to happen, but it stopped short of unlocking something. I separated them and put each one around my neck, feeling the heavy cold metal against my throat and chest. I grabbed my rings and opened my door. My clam, relaxed mood vanished as soon as I saw him. Edward was standing near the countertop talking to Luna. My eyes became slits and I was about to beat the crap out of him when I felt two strong arms wrap around my arms and upper body.

“Katrina, clam down.” Jonathan whispered. I hadn’t noticed it, but I had been growling the whole time. Jonathan had no idea how he probably just saved Edward’s life. Ed and Luna turned to face us and Ed’s once happy face was now full of concern and nerves.

“You bastard.” I spat at him. “What did they ever do to you?!” I glared at him and tugged against John. He responded by tightening his grip on me.

“Katrina,” he whispered in my ear. “Calm down.”

“No.” I hissed, keeping my gaze on the shocked and offended Edward Nigma. “Why did you show up that day?”

“What are you talking about?” he asked dumbly. “What day? I’ve show up on a lot of days.” He stated.

“Ed now’s not the time for that.” John warned, but that didn’t stop me.

“You know damn well what day!” I yelled at him. “You thought I’d forget? You think that it wouldn’t come back when I found your keys? When I went back to my home? What did you say to my parents that day?” I growled at him. I continued to try to escape John’s grasp, but he would just tighten his hold on me.

“I’m not sure what you’re talking about.” He said, putting a hand to his chin, pretending to be deep in thought. I let out an animalistic growl and I tried to lunge for him. Right now it didn’t matter that I loved him, he was keeping a secret from me that I had to know.

“Edward.” I hissed. “Stop playing stupid and tell me. What were you doing with my parents? You owe me enough to answer that question.” Ed just sighed and looked at me with pity.

“What ever emotion-based dilemma you may be struggling to cope with right now, I assure you, you have my sympathy.” I could see a smirk playing at his lips and I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I went limp and John had to catch me.

“Is that what you told them before you killed them? Before you sent Hush to kill my family and flip my world upside down?” I whispered.

“Katrina.” John tried to sooth. I finally looked up at him briefly to see him glaring at Edward. He looked back at us completely shocked and confused.

“W-what? He… they… what?” he stuttered, moving towards us. John glared even harder, stopping him momentarily.

“What did they ever do to you?” I asked him again, my voice barley above a whisper. John looked over at Ed and dared him to say something with his eyes. Edward ignored him and looked back at me.