three

kalani depradine

Luxury cars seemed impractical for everyday errands. With only two doors, it seems impossible to do anything. Grayson drives one and I'm sure it's just another car apart of his large collection. It was wrapped a matte blue with dark blue interior. I can tell just like his parents, he enjoys showing off how much money he has to waste. He's young and rich, so of course cars are something he toys around with.

"I apologize about my parents," Grayson finally calmed down. His breathing was now quiet. He glanced at me while stopped at a stop sign. I did not say anything, instead shared a smile to let him know everything was alright. There's a lot more things to stress about other than having parents approval. He's a grown man who is allowed to do whatever he pleases with his life.

"Who is Bria?" The words tugged at his heart strings he kept hidden from me. I'm in no position to ask personal questions. We are not friends. We just happen to now share a child. But I couldn't help myself and hoped he wouldn't mind my curiosity.

"My fiancé," he swallowed, bringing his eyes back to the road. My eyes were weak. They fell shut and wanted what he said to be unheard.

Things now made sense. His father hates me because I'm a homewrecker. I ruined a perfect potential marriage. But how was I to be at fault when I didn't know he was engaged? Of course he's engaged. A perfect man like him doesn't just walk around without a woman by his side.

"Her and I cancelled the engagement," he added after seeing how uneasy I was.

"Is it...is it my fault?" My voice cracked.

"Not necessarily. Our marriage was supposed to be a contractual agreement. We were only marrying because my father is supposed to retire and I'm taking over the family company. His one condition was I marry and provide him with a grandchild in the near future. I don't want a marriage and I don't even want a child, but I want the CEO position," he further explained and the more he spoke, the more I grew even more confused on what type of world he lives in. "The agreement was one hundred million dollars for a marriage where she'll have my child in the next two years. Bria has completely gone against the contract in wanting an actual relationship. So, even prior to me finding out about your pregnancy, I was going to end the engagement."

"Oh," my head went down, playing around with my fingers. I couldn't even wrap my mind around half the things he just said. One hundred million dollars to marry him and have his baby?

My head started spirally on where I come into all this. He's ending his engagement with Bria, but he still wants the CEO position. Does me having his baby mean I have to marry him? I don't even want to think about that.

"Have you gone grocery shopping before?" He quickly changed the topic at hand. We were stopped at a red light and he was quickly looking at his phone.

The question sounded like it had to be a trick. A sick continuation of the interrogation his parents put me through. But his face showed he was being transparent with his question. So I gave him the obvious yes.

"My cook can't cook dinner tonight. Family emergency. And there are no left overs," he took the nearest exit off the highway.

"Your cook?" I emphasized cook, wanting to make sure I was hearing him correctly. I really shouldn't have been surprised considering the car I was currently seated in.

"Yeah. You don't have one?"

I rolled my eyes at his privilege. By the looks of his parents house, he's been privileged and spoiled since he was a child. We arrived at the store and all he had to say was a complaint about the lack of valet. He was irritated he was forced to park his car with the rest of the normal people.