twenty three

kalani depradine

I carried Amelia down the stairs when she'd woken up. As soon as we arrived in the kitchen, the entire island was filled with bouquets of peonies which are my favourite flower. It not only shocked me but flattered me too. Grayson is romantic when he wants to be which is rare. The air in the kitchen smelled to die for and the curtains were pushed open to allow the sunshine in through his large windows.

"How'd you sleep?" I turned around, seeing Grayson approach me from behind. Like the night before, my sleep subpar. Based on the discolouration under his eyes, I assumed he stayed up throughout the night.

"Good," I walked through the kitchen, a full continental breakfast being presented in the dining room. So many questions came to mind.

"How about you, angel? Did you sleep okay? Did mommy feed you this morning?" Grayson reached to take Amelia from me. He was slow with his movements, mainly focusing on making me comfortable. I ignored the uneasy chills along my skin and turned back to the breakfast. Me being upset shouldn't mean he can't hold his baby.

"My brother is on his way for breakfast," Grayson informed me while smothering his daughter with kisses. A quick glance at my attire was all it took to point out how unfit I was for guests. I wore a tank top and shorts starting to feel small now that I know Matthew is on his way.

"What are the flowers for?" I mapped the kitchen while I made myself a cup of coffee.

Grayson sat Amelia on her high chair. "I want you. I would choose you a thousand times over even if Amelia and the CEO position were not in the picture. My love for you isn't contingent on the things you're willing to do for me or what you can provide me. My love for you is unconditional," he expressed these word I hadn't expected. I didn't know he had it in him to confess his emotions like this. He's blunt with everything but love. I never would've thought Grayson could love me.

"I thought you don't do love," I reminded him because maybe he was thinking with this dick and not his head.

"I didn't do love because there was no one worthy enough of having mine. I would throw all my riches away if it meant proving to you what I'm feeling is real and not just some agreement. You and Amelia are the only things that make me happy. My heart lies with you and all of me is yours," he placed his hand on the side of my face when my eyes began to water. I felt emotional because this was never something I ever would've expected to hear from Grayson.

"I just...can't stop thinking about why you were with her. I feel embarrassed and I feel almost disrespected that you'd think it's okay to attend this event with her, knowing of your recent history and knowing of my lack of knowledge about you two. You should've known I never would've agreed to marry you if I was made aware of that. Omission of information is equivalent to lying. And you should've known I never would've been okay with you attending the event with her," I expressed how I felt in the best way possible.

The last thing I want is to look stupid, especially with so many eyes being in Grayson's direction.

" If I had known it would hurt you, I wouldn't have stepped near that woman and I would've been honest about my past with her. I realize my mistake and the only thing I can do is apologize and promise to do better in the future. I will never put you in a position to feel like this again. I hate hearing I embarrassed you, baby," he continued to stroke the side of my cheek. My mind was buzzing. Despite how business his replies sounds, I believe him.

My hands went onto his chest as I looked up at him with kind eyes. The validation of knowing everything I've felt for him is how he's felt for me made all my insecurities go away. Grayson is for me and wants only me. Opening up my heart to him seemed scary, but he had done the same for me and it was beautiful and bright and I wish everyone understood how amazing he can be.