twenty seven

kalani depradine

My eyes slowly fluttered open, seeing the room was still dark with the exception for this bright screen. Grayson wasn't asleep, but instead on his laptop. Thankfully this time he wasn't on the phone because he was making it a routine to answer phone calls in the middle of the night.

"Why are you working right now?" I uttered into the pillow. "Our engagement party is tomorrow. Actually, scratch that. It's today," I looked at the alarm clock on his nightstand for the time. It was one in the morning.

"It's the afternoon in Shanghai. I have to revise this budget plan, project timeline, create a list of all signed investors. And it all needs to be sent in the next two hours," he explained while keeping his eyes on the screen. I sat up to bring myself closer. Sitting behind him, I kissed along his back while I rubbed his shoulder. "I shouldn't have let Tracey have time off." That was the first he actually got her name right and I shouldn't have been impressed by it. I felt bad Grayson was now swamped in all this work because Tracey chose to take the weekend of our engagement party off. But she has a life and it doesn't revolve around Grayson.

"We're supposed to be celebrating our engagement today. You shouldn't be working."

Grayson has been doing a great job at taking breaks from work. For Christmas we went to his house in the Hamptons. It was our first Christmas together and Amelia's first Christmas, so he made sure to not bring work into the mix. This was the first year he allowed his employees to have the holiday off and they were forever grateful.

"What can I do to help?" I offered my assistance in anyway possible.

"You can lay beside me and continue sleeping. Your snores are calming."

I gasped, putting my massaging of his shoulders on hold. "I do not snore."

"You do. You talk too. You're lucky I'm a heavy sleeper," he said making me laugh. Grayson isn't someone who should have their sleep interrupted. Just like Amelia, he'll be grumpy for the entire day if he doesn't get the proper amount.

"I'm serious. I want to help. I've used this software before. Just tell me what to do," I removed my laptop from my nightstand, having him send me everything I needed. He gave me clear instructions I followed because this couldn't be any less than perfect.

We spent the next two hours perfecting everything for a virtual meeting he would be having with business men from China. Everything needed to be prepared and sent to them a day before the meeting. Leave it to Grayson to have an important meeting the day after an important day. I was in no place to say anything about the matter, so I kept my mouth shut and got to working. It's the most work I've done since giving birth and it made me miss having more productive days.

"All submitted. Meaning no more working for rest of the day," I closed both our laptops, putting them onto my nightstand.

"Unfortunately, I'll be hiding away in the home office until the moment of the party," he smiled just as I frowned. "I'm sorry for waking you."

"I'm sure you can make it up to me," I bit my lip when he dragged my body under his, placing tender kisses on my neck. Having him touch me felt like heaven.

"I can think of a few ways," he breathed onto my skin.

The large t-shirt I wore rose up with his hands cupping my breasts. He removed his lips from my skin, pulling my legs apart. I shut my eyes at his mouth going between my legs.

"Oh." A breath left my lips when his tongue met with my folds completely wet for him. I held the sheets under me when he inserted his fingers and kept his tongue at my clit. His mouth and fingers made me lose all train of thought and made me sink further into the mattress.