twenty

kalani depradine

Mr. Lee had accepted Grayson's offer which meant the ball was rolling with Astor Incorporation in Shanghai. I was happy for Grayson because I know how important his work life is for him. Mr. Lee had flown from China to New York City to shake on the deal as well as sign necessary papers. He wanted to do it over dinner and asked Grayson that I be there because his wife was also going to be there.

I had dropped Amelia off at my parents' house before meeting Grayson at his office. He was working late and wanted me to just come to the office so we could go to the restaurant together. Despite rarely coming to the office, the receptionist still smiled and greeted me. The security was extra friendly and I found it odd considering Grayson and I have yet to announce our engagement, so it's not like they know I'll soon be married to him.

The man in the elevator pressed the button for me and I found this ride to be the perfect opportunity for me to ask why everyone is so nice.

"You are...extra beautiful today, Miss. Depradine," he pointed out in the most polite and appropriate way he could. His cheeks went red and his eyes stayed on the ground. I hadn't realized everyone here has only seen me when I was pregnant.

"Oh," I looked at my reflection in the elevator mirror. My dress wasn't anything special, it was a brown slip dress. My hair was in its usual slick low bun. The gold jewelry nicely contrasted with my skin, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. But I would take the compliment. "Thanks," I shrugged as I left the elevator. The click of my heels followed me as I walked to Grayson's office. His door was half open and I could already hear him yelling on the phone.

"He's in a mood today," Tracey whispered from her desk. I smiled because his mood swings is something he'll have to work on.

I slipped into his office, seeing him standing facing out the window. I wasn't sure who he was yelling at. But the words he used indicated it must've been his brother.

"Whatever, Matthew. I don't have fucking time for this. It was supposed to be a surprise and now you're ruining it," Grayson hung up the phone with a groan.

"What are we upset with him about this time?" I asked and Grayson turned around to look at me in awe. Grayson is a man with high standards in every department of life and knowing how attracted he is to me makes my stomach bunch into a knot. Even when his face doesn't want to reveal all his words, his eyes do everything they can to tell meI'm beautiful.

"I asked him to do me a simple favour and he fucked it up for me," he shook his head.

"Well, were you being rude when you asked for the favour? Because by now you must know that's not how it works," I set my handbag on his desk while I approached him. Fixing his lapels, I brushed lint off his shoulder. I loved how even with my heels, I was forced to bend my neck to look up at him.

"Not necessarily," he answered truthfully. Grayson seems to think just because he isn't yelling, it means he's not being rude. "You look stunning to say the least," he squeezed my waist as his lips touched my neck. Biting my lip, I tilted my head to give him more access. He gradually pushed me over to his desk.

"Gray, I don't think we have time for this." My words said one thing while my body said a complete other. It's hard to resist him because he's everything my dreams have ever fixated on. When I first told him I was pregnant, I never would've imagined he'd turn into the man he is right now.

"There's always time."

"Your assistant is right outside," I muttered as I began to unbuckle his belt.

"I pay her to keep her mouth shut," he turned me around, my hands now resting on the desk.

He pulled my dress up, letting out a satisfied hum when he saw my thong. I wore it just for him with the intentions of him wanting to take full advantage of us being away from Amelia and of me in a dress. His fingers went between the string of my thong, swiping along my wetness.