seven

grayson astor

Holding my phone under the conference table, I watched the small blue dot travel along the map. If I told Kalani I've been tracking her movements, I know it would cause an unnecessary argument. An argument I don't have time for, especially because I don't even know why I'm doing this. I don't know why I care where she is and I don't know why I'm concerned she seems to walk everywhere.

Does she not have a car? This may be New York City, but a car is still necessary. She shouldn't be walking this much. Research told me walking is actually quite good for pregnant women, but knowing Kalani walks around alone puts this unsettling feeling in my stomach and I hate that I don't know why.

Perhaps because she walks around 24/7 with something belonging to me—my child. I've tried to deny it. I've tried to neglect the idea of a human walking around this world with my DNA. But I can't ignore it. Not when every time I see her, her stomach has grown and she's got this indescribable glow to her.

It pains me I've made effort to rarely see her. I've resorted to tracking her phone and having text conversations, but I can't bring myself to actually see her. It's pathetic, but when I lay my eyes on her I fear I might do something I'll regret. All I can do is reminisce on her warm mouth wrapping around my cock and her soft hands running along my body. And the way she moaned when I-

"Mr. Astor," my name was called the moment my thoughts started getting out of control. Thank goodness.

"Yes. Let's just get rid of them all," I shoved my phone into my pocket. This meeting was about the budget cuts being made and consisted of five people, all directors of different departments.

My family's company is a telecommunications company that has been in the family for generations. It's not only the largest one in the entire country, but I'm working on a project allowing us to go international, starting with China who is investing a lot of money into us establishing a headquarters in Shanghai.

"Sorry. Get rid of all goodie bags that are the driving factor for why people want to work for Astor Incorporation?" The woman nervously laughed like this was a terrible idea and it probably was.

In order for this company to run, it means having happy employees who strive for greatness at work. But a lot of money is going into building up our headquarters in China and it needs to come from somewhere. If these people knew it was either take away their insurance benefits or get rid of their monthly goodie bags then they would stop looking at me like I killed their cat.

"Yes. And I want to open up the internship program again for fresh ideas on the Shanghai headquarters," I instructed while looking at the time on my watch. I have a call with my father in two minutes which he would be very angry if I missed. "I assume you don't need me here for the rest of the meeting?"

"N-No sir," she shook her head and I stood to my feet.

"Great. I need you to put together a team of architects and engineers for the blueprints in Shanghai. I'm travelling there at the end of this month to look at the grounds we're buying and building on. We need to expedite things and I want a finalized plan in six months for what everything will look like," I gave clear instructions while I left the conference room.

As soon as I arrived in my office, like clockwork, my father called me. I picked up the phone on my desk just as I sat down.

"Son, how are you?" My father asked before we dove right into a conversation about work.

Although he hasn't retired yet, most of his work is done by me as COO. I normally run him through everything that's been discussed for the week and how he feels about certain business arrangements. I do everything and he gets most of the credit and money for it.