1-Moving

My phone vibrated and I looked down to see that I had a text from my mom.

Mom; Honey we gotta go, our plane leaves in 1 hour.
Me; Okay I'll be waiting outside
Mom; On my way

"I gotta go" I said, sadness in my voice.
"Already?" Said Maya
"I know, I really wish I didn't have to go but I don't have a choice" I sighed and stood up off of the bed.

I walked out of Maya's bedroom and towards her front door.

Maya is my best friend and I have to leave her. I'm moving to Minnesota with my mom because my dad died a few weeks ago and the memories in this town are "just too much" for my mom. She's taking it the hardest, the death. My sister and I are obviously sad. I mean, it's our dad, but I can't really show that I'm sad, I have to stay strong for my family. My mom can't do it, and someone has to.

"Im really gonna miss you Em." Maya said, wrapping me up in a hug.
"Im gonna miss you too" I said, tears rolling down my face.

*BEEP BEEP*

I sniffled "That's my mom. I gotta go."
I pulled away from the hug and wiped the tears from my eyes with my sleeve.

"Here," Maya said "I want you to have this." She said, handing me a small white box.

I started to open the box when I heard another beep.

"I really gotta go," I started "but I'll open it when I get there. Thank you" I said pulling her in for one last hug.
"I love you Em." She said.
"I love you too." I replied.

I pulled away and walked to my moms car and got in the passenger seat.

"Emily, I'm really sorry about all of this." She said "I know you don't wanna do this. But thank you for being so good about it all."
"Yeah"I said "you're welcome."

We continued driving and I pulled out my ear buds and put them in my ear. I pushed play on my music and the song 'Sad Ghost' by Issues started playing. **Current song obsession** I clicked the lock button on my phone and set my seat back. I closed my eyes and listened to the music as I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to my sister freaking out about a plane, We must have picked her up on the way.

"We're here." Mom said

I paused my music and got out of the car. I opened the trunk and grabbed my bags, I only had 1 big suitcase and 2 small bags on top of it. I don't have that much stuff, and since it's such a far move I couldn't bring too much.

I wheeled my bag out in front of our car and waited for my sister and mom. They came up next to me and we started walking, my mom leading the way.

We got into the airport and finally got through security. Our plane didn't take off for another 20 minutes so we had to sit in the waiting area for about 10. I sat down and put my headphones back in and listened to music and closed my eyes until my mom tapped me on the shoulder, letting me know that it was time to get on the plane.

We boarded the plane and found our seats. We put our carry-on bags in the top cupboard area and sat down. I buckled up and closed my eyes, my music still playing.

We have been on the plane for about 2 hours now. My sister hasn't said anything, I think she's really scared. Not just about the plane, about the whole move. She's had it rough since my dad died. She's only 9 and to have to go through that.. It's just.. it's gotta be hard.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and through my blurry vision, I saw people standing up and walking around. We must have landed. I got up and grabbed my bag and then I followed my mom and sister off the plane.

We got out of the airport and it was already dark out. We looked around and saw our rental car. We had it 'pre-sent' so that when we landed we woukd have a way to get to our new house. I put my bags in the back and helped my sister load hers in. I got into the front seat and drifted back off to sleep.

"We're here" my mom said, whisper shouting.

I opened my eyes and walked up to the front door, too tired to grab my bags. I waited for my mom to open the door. She opened the door and I walked in and plopped down on the couch, which we had pre-ordered. I was too tired to do anything so I just fell asleep. I'll unpack tomorrow.