Life of a Karman - A Letter To The Willows

• Dedicated to Rachael Paige Robbins

So this is a little introduction to Karma. It'll be my little story that I write in my moods where I really want to write...  <3 Be sure to vote, comment, and fan if you enjoyed it! <3 

The photograph to the right is an edit that I made for the story quite a long time ago. I enjoy the edit, so I decided to keep it. There are other edits that I've made myself and others have made for the novel. If you wish to make drawings, feel free to send them to me. I'll be happy to post them in separate chapters.

Warning: This beginning part has quite a bit of information about what a "Karman" Is.  Take it slow.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Prequel <A Letter To The Willows>: 

The Dearest Willow Family,

Your family is one of the lucky selected few to be chosen to participate as one of the KARMA Incorporated employees.  We have been watching you here at KARMA Inc and feel that you are worthy of selection to become a Karman. KARMA Inc is a company that is solely based on repaying those who have done good deeds and punishing those who have done wrong.

Every morning your family will receive a letter, one to each of the members in your family. The letter will most often include a time, location, and name to a person who deserves to be repaid or punished for an action they have done.  The letter will occasionally specify the actions that this person is doing at that time and place, but it is up to the Karman, you, to decide if they should be punished or rewarded.

Now, you and your family might be wondering how you physically use karma on someone.  If you look into the box that you were sent today, your family received three cell phones. Please take a look at the device and remember that this is not a personal use phone.

The rules of how to be a Karman are simple. Please take the rules to heart and remember, breaking them can cause for worse punishment to you. When you are within roughly 10 meters from a human, a new contact will appear on your Karma phone. Under the contact's name you will have the following information: the person's name and a coordinating phone number. The phone number given is the direct link to the human's fate. By texting this number, their fate will change.

In order to pick out the humans fate, a member of your family must send a text to the number given under the contact's name. In the message, type "Karma". If you type Karma, it will let this person's fate know that you are with KARMA Inc. This is a backup incase a member in your family were to accidently lose their Karma device.

After you type "Karma" into your phone, you must also type a number between one and ten to determine how strong the reward or punishment given is. If you place no number, the karma will automatically be set to five. After the number is set, your family must type "Reward" or "Punishment" to determine this persons fate. If you type nothing, it will automatically be set to punishment.

The final rule. In order for the Karma to be in effect, you must be at the location and time given in the letter. You must be able to see the person before you put the karma into use. You may not find the person at a different time and location to put the Karma into effect. However, if you are there on time or ten minutes after the set time, the karma will then proceed to take place.

After you have sent a karma text, you will receive a text back from the number you sent to either saying "Approved" Or "Denied" determining if your karma message was effective.

As a compensation of you and your family taking on such a strong task as a Karman, you will receive a monthly pay check per assignment that you and your family has done. Your family will have free reign of applying karma to any human in your reach; however it must be approved by headquarters after texting the "KARMA Inc" contact in your phone.

Please avoid missing any of your appointments to determine a persons fate. If an appointment is missed a low level of punishment will be set on your own karma.

We thank you for your cooperation,

The faculty of KARMA Incorporated

Copyright © 2012 ChemistryOfLife