Life of a Karman - Night Street

I. AM. SORRY. D: I was going to post like.. three days ago. Then I got distracted for the past few days. I still AM distracted so the last part of this I wrote was technically while I was watching Pretty Little Liars. It's actually pretty good <_<... And I'm also reading a good book, The Selection I think it's called. Starts with S... Anyone read it, or reading?

Update: The book IS called The Selection, it's by Kiera Cass :3

Vote, Comment, and Fan if you enjoy. In anyway. So that means you love me. So you'll do it ;-;

Edited by AmbersAshes

~Chem

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Chapter Six:

                "Take a left..." I stared at the map while giving my sister instructions to Night Street, the location of our mission. We spent the whole day exploring Keystone. The downtown area was small, but they had plenty of stores. Steph managed to convince me to go shopping a bit with her, as resistant as I was shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond. She bought enough supplies to fill up a whole new bathroom. I bought one single bottle of lotion.

                When I glanced back up, Steph drove past our turn. I raised my eyebrow and turned to look at her.  She could feel the eyes on her as she turned back to me. "Missed my turn, huh?" Steph said with a sheepish grin.

                I laughed softly and shook my head. "Find a new route." I said. I looked back at the map and continued to find a new route to take us there. "Take a left, again..." I spoke clearly.

                Steph followed my directions as I spoke. "Continue this road for a bit, I'll tell you when to turn." I said with a yawn.

                The car started to bump as we entered a gravel road. "Whoa..." Steph said, "My tires better not get too damaged because of this..." A frown crossed her lips as she tightened her grip on the wheel.

                I rolled my eyes and glanced at the click. The time was 9:32 at night. We had about twenty minutes until my mission time was here.

                I folded the map back up and laid it on my lap. I pressed my feet up against the dash board and pressed myself back into the chair. I let my eyes close as I hummed softly to the radio.

                "Hey Nessa, have you ever given someone a 10 before?" Steph suddenly asked.

                I cracked open one of my eyes and glanced at her. Steph was concentrating on the road. "What do you mean?" I asked.

                "Like... on a mission. Have you ever had someone do something so good," She paused, "or bad that you gave them a ten?"

                "Nah..."

                "Really?" Steph sounded surprised. She then stayed quiet.

                I paused and rubbed my nose softly for a second. "Have you?" I asked.

                Steph stayed quiet, so I turned to look at the road. I watched the signs fly by until I saw the one we were looking for, Night Street. "Turn right." I said. "We're here."

                Steph turned off of the gravel road and onto the paved road. The street was quiet and in the suburb. Quite a few houses were on this street, but it was nice and dark for 9:30 at night.