Life of a Karman - Hello, Caroline

UGH. You have no idea how blocked I was while writing this. I already had most of this written up before but I decided that I needed some more before I would post it.

Oh. </3 I said it would be longer, but it doesn't feel much longer. So I'll have to apologize for that! </3 And no, it's not very edited.

Be sure to Vote, Comment, and Fan!

On to chapter two!

Edited by AmbersAshes

~Chem

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

 Chapter Two:

                I closed my eyes and huffed softly. Steam escaped from my mouth from the cold and I smiled softly. The cold made me feel alive, despite the fact that I could give humans gifts and punishments. I opened my eyes and stared up at the blue sky.  The sun was hidden behind the clouds and it was nice. Everything was a cool color.

                I felt myself step off the snow onto the slick ice. My feet slid from under me as I landed on the ground with a thud. While staring at the ground dazed, someone rushed up to my side.

                "Are you okay?" The person thrusted their hand in front of my face. I blinked a couple of times before looking up to focus on the face of a female.

                "Uh..." I glanced down at my jeans and flushed slightly. It was quickly masked by the cold. I took the females hand in mine and let her help me to my feet. "Yeah. Just a little slip." I gave her a warm smile and kept my eyes focused on the ground.

                When I glanced back up at her, from the corner of my eye, she had on the widest grin possible. I raised one of my eyebrows in amusement and waited for her reply.

                "Just a little slip?" She joked and grinned. "Or a tumble down the hill?" She laughed and stuck out her hand in front of me yet again. The sudden gesture made me slide a bit, but I managed to catch my footing. "I'm Caroline."

                I stared at her hand and placed my hand in hers. It was warm. Warmer than my coat. "Nessa." I stated my name and looked back up to study her features.

                Caroline had long flowing red hair down her shoulders that complimented her brown eyes. I burned with jealousy  inside but managed to keep a smile on my face. I would rather have her red hair and her brown eyes versus my blonde hair and blue eyes.

                "Nice to meet you Nessa, where are you heading?" Caroline asked casually. I stared at her and let a grin cross my face. It was amusing to see how outgoing she was compared to shy me.

                She started to tilt her head with confusion until I realized I appeared to her like a deer in headlights.

                "Oh. Uh.." I closed my eyes trying to remember what was written on the paper. Where would Scott be? Something about community service... but that wasn't a place... "Let me check."