The Realization Flashback

Joyce walked along the desolate waste-land calling out Harry's name. As she walked she began to recall numerous memories before all of this had happened. The memories seemed close yet distant.

Joyce walked along the paved streets humming a small tune, her dad had sent her to go to the BBQ to acquire some meat for dinner. She mostly got it for free since she knew the man there. It helped out cause Joyce and her family weren't exactly rich.
It was snowy, Joyce smiled and gazed up at the white flakes as some danced together in sync. She soon had come up to the BBQ deli. It was a small establishment with a chimney that allowed smoke to escape from the top.
She pushed open the doors and walked in to be greeted with the smell of cooking meats of all kinds. "I'll be there in a second!" A voice replied from behind the counter.
It was none other than Harry, of course he had arms and grayish brownish hair. "Ah if it isn't my star customer! So, what brings you here on this fine evening?" Harry asked, crossing his arms and leaning against the counter.
"I was wondering if you had any food to spare?" Joyce asked smiling just a tad.
"Hm, sadly I don't...but, I can whip you up something right now? How's that sound?" He asked with a smile across his face.
Joyce nodded with delight and followed as Harry motioned for her to come into the kitchen.
Inside there was another person who worked there, she had thought to believe his name was Hubert, but she wasn't quite sure. Hubert, was wearing a similiar BBQ apron with his navy blue sweater underneath.
"What would you like?" Harry asked turning on the grill and pulling out a rather large knife.
"I don't care, but I do know that my parents really like the ribs that you make!" She smiled hopping up and down.
"Ribs huh? I can for sure make those, why don't you go and bother my employee for a while." Harry gestured.
Joyce could hear Hubert make an annoyed sound as he continued to cut off the heads of fishes.
"Hey, Hubert how's it going!"
"Well it was fine...until SOMEONE interrupted me from my work."
Joyce grim faced, but she was determined to break the ice between them.
"So uh, what are you making?" Joyce asked peeking her head up at the table as blood splattered against the countertop. "What does it look like?" Hubert said breaking eye contact from her.
"Depressing." Joyce said, laughing under her breath.
Hubert stopped cutting, turned to Joyce and threw the knife to the ground and left.

Her flashback ended and she realized that she had gotten lost. But something different was on her mind, Hubert was the man in that's older photo.
And then it hit her like a ton of bricks. Salad Fingers WAS Hubert.