Escape (short)

"How am I going to get out of here?" Joyce mumbled from underneath the cart.
The best case sanario was that someone would roll the cart back up the elevator. But how long would that take? Joyce had grown impatient and scared, what if they found her? Would they beat her into a bloody pulp too? No. they wouldn't.....
Just as that thought left her head, she saw that all the men were beginning to leave. And as they left someone began to push the cart back up as well. She sighed in victory. But, this now gave her time to think about what she just saw. The military men, as well as they other scientists had been abusing and Killing these mutants. She had to tell someone. But who? It was obvious that the law wasn't on her side.
The cart stopped and Joyce looked around. People began to exit the building. Once the last man left, she followed behind him and walked out the door unspotted. "I have to go find Salad and bring him home for now, people might get the wrong ideas and think he's infected." Joyce muttered.
She ran to the market place where kids and some adults slimly populated the area. It took her forever to find Salad, but he was safe. He had been staring at some item that a man had laid out on the table. She dragged Salad Fingers home, she was now worried about Harry. Tony had said that they'd be watching him. She just hoped that they didn't use this opportunity to catch him.

I'm sorry this is a short chapter but I've just got things to do since school start tomorrow ☹️️