The Ringing of Gunshots

The facts where all there, red eyes, navy blue sweater. Joyce was astonished about her findings. But that was putting her off track, she was lost in the middle of a fricken forest. She looked around, but there was nothing but trees and more trees.
"Hmmm....this is a problem." She sighed.
There was nothing else to do but retrace her footsteps. It took a while but finally she made it to the part of the forest that contained all the photos of different people.
She sighed sadly, "I guess Harry will have to wait for know..."
As she made her way home, she heard the familiar heartbeat. Except this time it sounded more like gunshots. They sounded distant, and in sync. She looked around as far as she could but couldn't find anything so she continued on her way.
"Salad. I'm home!" She shouted opening the door.
"Oh h-hello Joyce I-I was j-just ab-about to p-prepare s-supper.
"Uhm... what are you making?" She asked peeking in through into the poor excuse for a kitchen.
"S-sand."
"Oh....my favorite eheh...." Joyce replied setting her stuff down.
Salad Fingers nodded happily as he continued to poke at some sand with a rusty spoon. There was nothing else to do but sit around. Being the child she was Joyce picked up Gerald and made him wander around the house.
When she got bored of that she decided to play outside the house. That's where she heard the second round of gunshots. They were closer, and she could hear the sound of a moving vehicle. But it was faint. She got a bit scared and went back inside to find Salad putting a tray of sand on the table along with two plates. "Ah, y-you arrived!" Salad said not even making eye contact with her.
"Yeah, I arrived." Joyce said laughing.
Salad flinched at her voice but continued on with what he was doing.

The dinner was pretty uneventful, Joyce was hungry though, but didn't want to complain to Salad, seeing that would be considered rude. So she went to bed skeptical about Salad, or should we say Hubert, and the gunshots that rang through the sky.

The title should be called World's shortest chapter :/