Closing In On the Biggest Answer

Luke's father? Well I guess that means this Vader is a person, still why would Luke be asking Master Yoda who his father was?

"Your father he is."

Padmé saw the look of shock on Luke's face, she didn't need to be a Jedi to feel his pain.

"Luke, is this Vader a bad person? Is that why you're so concerned?" Padmé quietly questioned.

Luke stared deeply into her innocent eyes,

"Padmé, I truly don't understand you.  How could you not know about Darth Vader, he's the Emperor's top enforcer and dark side apprentice!"

The Emperor, Master Yoda said something earlier but I had no time to dwell on it if I was to continue listening to Luke and Master Yoda.  However, if this Vader is his "dark side apprentice", then he must be evil!  Could he be some unknown threat to the Republic?

"Right the boy is."  Yoda spoke to Padmé.

"Master Yoda, please I honestly don't understand any of this.  The last thing I remember was flying off on a mission of peace, then I awoke to a bright light on Tatooine.  Not only that, but I have no idea what everyone is talking about.  Last time I checked, we live in a Republic not an Empire!"

Luke cautiously backed away slowly from Padmé, while Yoda only weakly responded.

"Works in mysterious ways, the Force does."  

Padmé was pretty furious at the dying old master,

"Please, all I want is a straight answer.  You know what's going on, so don't leave me in the dark any longer!"

Padmé was basically in Yoda's face at this point, he sighed before finally lamenting.

"Your connection to the Force, strong it is not.  Your connection to the Jedi, extremely strong it is, in contrast."

Padmé blushed slightly, Luke was now listening to their conversation with renewed interest at the mention of the Jedi.

"Jedi Knight Skywalker, close to him you were?"

Padmé's face turned bright red, Luke was now completely enthralled as he listened to Padmé stutter out an answer.

"Well Anakin and I are...friends.  But it's DEFINITELY nothing more!"

Luke finally spoke up,

"Wait, my father's name was Anakin!  Back when he was a Jedi at least."