Chapter Eighteen: I'm working on it

Merlin’s POV

I stood in smart clothes looking down at the courtyard as guests began to arrive; it’s less than two hours until my sister Helen gets married. I’ve planned everything and nothing seems to be going wrong.

My sister is very excited and she can’t wait until she gets married to Percival. It would have made more sense for Percival and Helen to get married in her own castle, her kingdom but Uther had offered for it to take place here. Besides I am grateful to that because I got to plan it all and I get to give Helen away.

Hunith our mother is here and I had asked Helen if she wanted mum to give her away but she wants me too. I’ve practiced what I got to do but I’m still worried I’m going to mess up but Arthur has faith in me and so does everyone else.

Someone knocked on the door. I went over to it and opened it to reveal Arthur. “How you feeling?” he asked me.

“I’ve been better,” I laughed.

“You will be fine, trust me,” smiled Arthur.

“I hope so. I’m going to go see Helen in a minute. You better go see Percival,” I grinned.

“I know but I just had to do this first,” said Arthur as he brought me into an embrace and kissed me on the lips. After a while we pulled apart and he took my hand and kissed it before he left.

I sighed before I left too and headed down the corridor to the chamber Helen has been staying in. “Oh Arthur.....make sure Percival is alright,” I said to him before he got round the corner.

“Don’t worry I will.”

I reached the chamber and knocked on the door. Gwen opened the door and smiled at me. “You look very hansom,” she grinned.

“Thanks Gwen,” I said as she allowed me.

“She is nearly ready let me just help her to put her veil on,” smiled Gwen. I nodded.

I sat down on the bed to wait my hearting beating quite fast. Not long now.

----------------------------------

“Merlin are you sure I look alright?” Helen asked me as we stood looking down at the courtyard.

“Yes you look beautiful and you look like a true queen,” smiled Merlin. Helen wore a long white dress and her veil covered her face but she looked like a true bride.

“Your day will come Merlin I believe in that,” she smiled

“It already has. I got my husband,” I pointed out to her.

“Maybe Merlin but you never had any of this,” said Helen.

“I don’t need it. It’s nice to have but I’ve got who I love and that is all that matters to me,” I smiled at her.

“I would cuddle you right now for being...well you but wedding dress,” she laughed. I nodded.

“It’s nearly time,” I said to her

“I know,” she smiled.

Someone knocked on the door. “Who can that be?” asked Helen.

“I’ll check,” I said as I went over to the door.

Helen’s POV

I watched as Merlin went over to the door and then silence fell but it was destroyed by a cry of shock and pain...Merlin! I rushed towards the door to find Merlin on the floor with a sword slash across his shirt.....who did this?