Chapter Twenty Eight: Light the son of two kings

Light’s POV

I sat in Gaius’s chamber. I haven’t seen Merlin or Arthur since yesterday at the ceremony. I’m so happy for them but I knew Helen would be wrong Merlin and Arthur would never want me as their son. They need to have someone who can become a good king someday and I’m not that.

I’m just a stupid kid who has nothing worth living for. Nothing to be proud of and besides even if Merlin cares about me Arthur would ever feel the same way. I just can tell that.

Gaius has gone out to collect his supplies something’s never change. I wonder what Merlin and Arthur are actually doing. I headed into Merlin’s old room looking around it. Where is all my stuff? Gaius had said that because Merlin’s moved out I can have the room now and I swore he said it put my stuff in here.

Where is my stuff then?

Merlin’s POV

Arthur the other way!” I shouted.

“Make up your mind,” said Arthur as we struggled moving a double bed in the chamber right next to mine and Arthur’s.

“I want this to be perfect,” I said.

“I want it to be perfect too,” smiled Arthur as we shifted the bed against the wall.

“I know you do Arthur. Are you sure about this though?” I asked him.

Arthur came around the bed and took both my hands, “Of course I am. Light means a lot to you and a lot to me. If anyone could be our son and the future king of Camelot I know Light would be that. I know at first I wasn’t too fond of the boy but I love him now. He deserves a family and that family can be us,” he said before he kissed me on the lips.

“Come on Arthur no time to stand around we got this room to be done by tonight,” I grinned.

“Do you think he is expecting anything like this?” asked Arthur gesturing to the chamber.

“I don’t think so. Light might be five and clever but in his eyes he probably would never expect this because he doesn’t believe he would be worthy enough or we think he can be our son and king some day,” I said.

“We’ll have to give him the confidence and teach him to follow his father’s kind heart,” Arthur said looking at me.

“And to follow his other father’s skill and to be a loyal king,” I said.

----------------

“Merlin and I have some very good news. Light can you come and sit next to Merlin,” said Arthur showing the empty sit next to me. Light sat next to Gaius but got up with the help of Gaius pushing him.

Light walked towards us with all the council looking at him. He finally reached us and sat down next to me. I took his hand and smiled at him.

“Arthur and I would love for you to be our son. We want to adopt you,” I said to him. Light’s face dropped in shock. He clearly didn’t know what to say.

“We love you Light and I think everyone here will agree that one day you will make a brilliant king. We wouldn’t want anyone else to be our son,” said Arthur.

“You mean it?” Light managed to ask.

“We do,” I and Arthur said at the same time. Everyone began to clap. “Now let’s enjoy this feast,” said Arthur.

“This means so much to me,” said Light to me and Arthur.

“You mean a lot to us Light and you deserve a proper family and we hope we can do that,” I said.

“You are probably wondering where your stuff is right. Not to worry including your stuff as well as new we have a chamber just for you right next to mine and Merlin’s.  If you ever need anything we’ll be right next door,” said Arthur.

“Oh thank you, thank you, thank you,” said Light in joy as he brought me and Arthur into a huge hug.

“You’re welcome son,” Arthur and I smiled with happiness.

“Light the son of two kings. Who thought we would ever see this day,” said Gaius who had come over to us. We all smiled.

------------------------------

Ok so that was chapter 28.

Ok so i've made this quite a happy chapter too. Two happy chapters.

This story is coming to a close now two chapters to go and its got to be happy..right ?? HAHA

Well anything could happen but u will see.

I'm gonna try and make this a good ending where it could continune in the future if i want to write more or u want to read more but if i don't write more i want it to be good but i'll try my best

Any ways thanks for reading.

Any votes and comments would mean a lot thanks guys