Chapter Twenty Five: Arthur and Merlin's love

Merlin’s POV

It’s the day of the trial and my heart is beating too fast for its own good. I’m worried and I admit scared. How could I be scared of a man who I could escape from easily you may ask its simple really I want to stay here and he is destroying that and I’m worried and scared about Arthur too.

I heard footsteps and on cue two knights opened the cell door looking at me as they did it. I got to my feet not facing being dragged of my feet. They took either side of me and brought me out the cell. They led me along until we reached the council chamber. They dragged me through and chucked me right in front of Uther.

I looked up at him and he gave me the most horrible look anyone could give anyone. He clearly hates me. I didn’t cry or let him get the better of me though. I noticed Gaius standing nearby with Gwen and the five knights. All their eyes were on me....pity, sadness and anger showed through their eyes.

I looked away not able to bear it. “We are here today to discuss,” began Uther however the doors to the council chamber burst open to reveal Arthur, Helen and Percival. What the hell is my sister doing back here? Wait why is Arthur here he is meant to be in a cell.

“What is the meaning of this!” shouted Uther.

“I can’t allow and watch you kill my brother,” said Helen stepping forward.

“I can’t allow you to kill the person I love. The person I fell in love with. The person who will make me a better king and the person who has saved my life more then we could begin to count. I don’t care about the rules of the kingdom father. I love Merlin...Yeah I said it. I LOVE MERLIN! I married Merlin and you can’t change that. That ring proves it,” said Arthur coming forward and pointing at the ring on my finger.

I blushed with what he was saying about me, he really does love me doesn’t he? Arthur then kneeled down in front of me and took both my hands. “I’m so sorry about this. Forgive me,” he said.

“You have nothing to ask forgiveness for. I knew what I was getting into when I accepted your marriage. I love you Arthur Pendragon and always will,” I said to him.

The council chamber burst into celebration clapping and cheering but fell silent when everyone saw the look on Uther’s face. “No. Merlin is to be killed he has betrayed this kingdom don’t you see!” shouted Uther as he walked forwards pushing his son out the way and grabbing onto me and ramming my head against his throne.

I heard people gasping and screaming with anger. I felt myself feel suddenly very dizzy and I saw red liquid drip onto the throne just about through my bleary eyes. “You have ruined everything!” he shouted at me.

“No. Morgana has. This is what she wants. She wants us to fight and then she will destroy us,” said Arthur pushing his father away from me, “Merlin I’m so sorry,” he whispered.

“Step away from him now!”

“No father I will not. I’m not going to listen to you right now. You’re clearly not in the right frame of mind,” said Arthur.

“You have betrayed me,” he groaned.

“No you have betray Camelot and yourself,” said Arthur as he helped me to my feet and kissed me on the lips, “Gaius let’s get him back to your chamber,” said Arthur.

“Don’t walk away from me!” screamed Uther.

“Gwaine....Elyan please take my father to his chamber to calm down,” said Arthur as he led me out the council chamber with Helen, Percival and Gaius close behind.

Helen’s POV

No matter what Uther had tried nothing could defeat or stop Arthur’s and Merlin’s love not even Morgana. I will make her pay though, one day I’ll kill her. Morgana has done too much in my life and Merlin’s to get away with it any longer.

When we reached Gaius’s chamber Arthur helped Merlin onto his bed before Gaius took a look at Merlin’s bleeding head. “He’ll be alright,” Percival said comforting me.

“I know he will be. He is my brother, he always is,” I grinned.

------------------------

Here you go guys :)

I do hope you liked it

Any votes and comments would mean a lot THANKS