Old Friends and Extremely New Enemies

I came out of my reverie by someone calling my name.

"What?" was all that came from me.

I stared at dad with a confused expression.

He sighed and shook his head.

"I need you to take Joshua's twin girls to Mrs. Lackey, his mother,  while I attend a meeting. Can you handle it?"

I got excited because Joshua is like by big brother. He's the son of High Councilman Elizabeth. I nodded and he help me pick up the girls. We both walked outside and put them in his car. I stopped and looked at him.

"This is your car. No one's allowed to drive it but you."

"Well you're allowed to drive it today." He started walking towards the front door. "Do not drive fast like your brother. We don't want a repeat of last time."

I shudder at mental image of Dad's car when Bomani got back. He was allowed to drive it to the store to get ice cream and somehow it ended up completely totalled. Needless to say Dad was pissed but didn't show it. He told him he couldn't play football and his phone was taken away for a month. He was completely cut off from his friends outside of school.

I nodded, got in and left. When I got to the pack house I saw plenty of people walking around and smelled barbeque. I got out and took the twins with me. I heard a growl and looked to my left. Who do I see but Mr. Alpha.

"Are they yours?"

I rolled my eyes at his stupidty. "Of course not."

He looked relieved. "Good."

Mrs. Lackey came up to me. Both of us bowed in respect.

"High Councilman." We both said at the same time. I looked at him and he smiled but I looked away.

She took the twins from me and nodded to both of us.

"Help yourself to some food if you like." was the last thing she said before walking away.

I looked around for someone I recognized. I spotted Adrian and stealthy walked up to him. He sat on a bench with some girls from the pack and I quickly put my hands over his eyes.

"Guess who?"

"I know it's you Merit."

I sighed while rolling my eyes. "My scent gave me away, didn't it?"

He stood to his full height of 6"3 and hugged me. He sucked my neck and I moaned a bit.

"How you holding up?"

"Great. What about you?"

"Pretty good. How's the project going?"

"You smell good."

He looked at me and grinned, his brown eyes shining with mirth and excitement.

"That wasn't my question but thanks anyway."

I heard a growl and everyone looked to the right. Standing there was a pretty girl. She stood 4"6, had beautiful violet eyes, and extremely long black hair almost pasting her butt. I could tell she was a mix of elf and werewolf.

She walked towards us and glared at me. She pushed me away from Adrian and put her arms around his waist possessively.

"Stay away from him. He's mine!"

Adrian rolled his eyes and calmly pulled her arms off of him.

"You rejected me Ginger and I accepted. So therefore I am no longer yours. Understood?" He used every ounce of Alpha power he could.

The girls at the table flinched at his power but I stood there a bit numb. Why didn't he tell me he met his mate? We've been friends since we were both little. We told each other everything. Well almost everything.

Ginger put on a blank face and rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She flipped her hair over her shoulder. "You'll want me soon enough and come crawling back on your hands and knees to me."

She left but not before glaring at me.

"Don't worry about her Merit." He took me by the hand. "Do you have to be home soon?"

I shook my head.

"Good."

He led me to his bedroom and immediately started kissing me. I quickly responded but pushed him away after about 3 minutes. This felt so wrong. He's my best friend.

"It doesn't feel right, does it?"

"No," I whispered.

"We don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with Merit."

I nodded and I pulled his clothes off until he stood there in his boxers. He did the same to me and we both climbed into his bed.

We talked about memories from our childhood and pretty soon fell asleep in each other's arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'''''''

Hope you guys like the new chapter. I'm dedicating this to samanthaangelramos for being the first to comment on the new chapter! We had swimming in gym today and it was fun.

Jade: That's because you didn't swim... And you checked out all the gu-

*covers Jade's mouth* Ignore her. She knows not when to speak at appropriate times. Anyway I guess this is it. Peace.