Chapter 4

"Thank you so much for the food Emily". I thanked her as I exited Seth's house.
  "Thanks for hanging out Avery". Seth shouted from his house. I waved back to him and curled into my truck.
Pulling into my driveway I shut off my engine and smiled. It felt good to spend some time with the pack. I hadn't really gotten time to know them during the battle or before. Most of my time was spent with Jasper and the Cullen's and I knew that the pack didn't care for them, but at least they were trying to get along.
And that made me smile. For once everyone was doing their part to play nice and I really hoped that it would stay that way....
   "Hey Dad, Sue". I greeted as I entered the house.
   "Hey Kiddo". Charlie replied. Sue smiled up at me as she laid down two plates of steak. Charlie glanced up at her. "What about Avery?"
   "Oh that's okay Dad. I eat lunch at Sues place with Seth and the others. Emily is such a great cook". I turned my attention to Sue. "However your still better". I replied. She smiled and handed me a small piece of steak. I popped it into my mouth and moaned.
   "I repeat my statement your still the best. Oh man this is delicious".
   "Thank you Avery. It's all your dad ever eats. He's not a big vegetable kinda guy is?!" I laughed and nodded with her in agreement. "That's for sure".
   "How's Seth doing by the way kiddo?" I hung my jacket back on the rack and sat down with the two of them.
   "He's good. Great actually. Funny and a such a goofball, but that's nothing new". I replied smiling. Charlie chuckled and started eating from his plate.
   "So how are wedding preparations going?" Sue asked me.
   "They'd be going better if Alice wasn't so over the top. I asked her for a small wedding, not a large one". I replied sighing. 
    "I remember Bella saying that same thing". Sue laughed. I nodded.
  "Yeah. You and your sister are more alike everyday". Charlie said. Smiling over at him I sat up. Then I kissed him on the cheek and went up stairs.

~~~

I pulled the covers over me and laid my laptop on my lap. Charlie had gone over to Sues to take her then he said that he was going to stop at the Cullen's to go see Bella. I knew that Charlie wouldn't be happy if I had Jasper come when he wasn't here. So I texted Jasper letting him know that and he promised to stay put.
I knew that in the back of my mind that Charlie wasn't just going to visit, but I figured that he was also going over there to talk to Jasper. Man to man.
I just hoped that Charlie wasn't too hard in him. Jasper really loved me and I loved him. So there was really nothing to worry about.
I knew that Charlie was just looking out for his youngest daughter, but I was making the right choice. I wanted to be with Jasper forever and I knew that he felt the same way as I did.
Opening up my email I started typing an email to Renee. Before sending it I read it out loud:

Dear mom,
                  I'm sorry that I haven't talked to you in the phone in a while. Alice as you know has been taking up quite a lot time of my time with wedding stuff. Dads been enjoying the time that I've been spending with her. He's doing pretty well with Sue. Jasper says hi as does Bella. I love you and I'll see you in two months.
                                                     ~Avery

I then pressed the sent button and closed my laptop. Then I picked up my phone and noticed a missed call. I glanced at the call I.D and sighed: Jacob Black. I hadn't seen him in almost a month and I knew that he wanted to see me.
      Seth had told me that Jacob was still trying get me to chose him and he thought that I should stay away from. I knew that Seth had a point, but Jacob was my friend and I should see him. Even if it was just to tell him to move on. Shaking my head I pulled the covers over my head and let sleep over take me.