Chapter 13

Walking back into Charlie's house I noticed that my boxes that I had brought downstairs were gone. I guess Bella or Edward must have picked them up. Oh well less work for me. I smiled and went start into the upstairs bathroom. I pulled my brush and comb from the cabinet and stuffed them into my bag. Then I noticed that I had gotten a call while I was with Jacob. I pulled it out of my bag and was a bit alarmed to find that I didn't recognize the caller I.D. Thankfully there was a message left so I went into my missed calls and played back the message.
  "Hey Red it's been a while. I was surprised that you weren't still at your moms house. Then I remembered that your sister was getting married in Forks. You must have stuck around. So I guess that means that I'll be seeing you around". As the message ended I dropped my phone and my legs gave way. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Josh had known about my mom moving. He had known about Bella's wedding. And he knew that I was in Forks. I couldn't breath. Everything that I had done for myself was soon going to be shattered all because of him. He was coming for me and I didn't want him anymore. I tried my best to pick myself off of the ground and got into my car. Then I drove straight to the Cullen's.
~
    "Avery is everything alright?" Carlisle asked me as I stepped inside the house. I shook my head as he put an arm around me. "The exact opposite". I wiped the tears from my face.
  "Avery dear what happened?" Esme pleaded walking into the living room. I sat down beside then.
  "My ex who abused me knows I'm here and he's coming to find me". I blurted out. Esme could see the pain in my eyes and she wrapped her arms around me.
  "I'm so sorry sweetie". She said with a concern tone shining through. Esme was like a second mother to me. I was so great full to her.
   "Avery does Jasper know about this?" Carlisle questioned me. I shook my head.
  "I couldn't bring myself to tell him after what Aro said in Volterra". I replied stilling wiping tears.
  "What did Aro say in Volterra?" Carlisle questioned me. I sighed.
   "Didn't Jasper tell you?" He shook his head. "He said he didn't want to talk about it".
   "Aro said that I was going to have an ability that he had not seen in years. He said that I would be able to control and manipulate others powers for whatever I desired". I said. Esme glanced over at her mate.
   "That is a very rare and potentially dangerous gift. What else did Aro mention?"
   "He said that after the wedding preparations for me to become a vampire should begin".
Carlisle nodded. "I see now why Jasper was upset". Esme glanced at me. I stood up. "He hates the idea of me becoming like him, but Carlisle i-"
   "Don't be upset Avery. Edward felt the same way about Bella becoming like him and things worked out for them". Esme moved closer to her mate laying a hand on his arm. "Carlisle is right dear. You and Jasper are meant to be no matter what". I nodded.
  "Thank you. Both of you. I'm so grateful to call you family". I thanked them. Just as I was about to leave I saw Jasper's car pull up. I raced out the door and into his arms. He wrapped his around me and I just buried my face into his chest.
   "I'm sorry that I didn't call you after my trip to La Push". I apologized to him. I felt Jasper shake his head.
  "It's alright". He whispered to me. I pulled my face from his chest. He noticed the redness under my eyes. "Avery you've been crying. What's upset you?" He asked concerned. I sighed.
   "It's nothing..." I stated. Jasper glared at me. "Avery it's not nothing. Tell me what's happened".
I sighed. "It's Josh. He knows I'm here and he's coming to find me". As his name left my lips Jasper stood frozen. His eyes widened and his muscles tensed up.
   "Jasper". Carlisle said as he came outside.
   "Jasper please snap out of it". I demanded. He shook his head and then kissed me while pushing me up against him. "I'm sorry". He said pulling away.
   "Did he say anything about when he was going to arrive?" I shook my head.
   "No. he just said see you soon in his message...and Jacob is flying down to check on my mom". I added. Jasper glanced down at me then at Carlisle.
  "If I hear anything from Jacob I'll let you know right away" I said to him. Carlisle nodded then went back inside. Jasper turned his body to face me. "Why didn't you tell me about Josh before...him?" I sighed and wrapped my arms around myself.
   "Because of what happened in Volterra. You were so upset about what Aro said that I didn't want to worry you anymore". I answered him. Jasper sighed and kissed me.
  "Avery I love you and that will never change. No matter what happens I will always stay by your side". He said to me. I smiled and kissed him back.
   "I love you". I said back to him. He pulled me closer to his body. "I have an engagement present for my beautiful fiancé". He smirked. I blushed and rolled my eyes at him.
   "Oh you do?" I grinned.
He smiled. "Let me show you". He said pulling me towards the back yard.
  "Now close your eyes". I nodded my head and did as he said. "Now keep them closed". He added.
He stopped in front of the garage and pushed me in front of him. "Now you can open them". I opened my eyes and gasped. Sitting in front of me was a midnight blue Camaro. I looked back at Jasper and shook my head.
  "No no no! Jasper you didn't?!" I screamed. He smiled.
  "But I did". I jumped into his arms then kissed him.
  "I've been saving up for one of these for years! How did you find out?" I shook my head at him. "Wait don't tell me Edward told you? Damn him!" I grinned.
  "He just wants his wife's sister to be happy". Jasper said kissing my cheek.
  "Thank you. I really love it". I said.
  "You and your sister are quite different". He added. I raised an eyebrow at him.
   "What makes you say that?"
"Because Bella refused to let Edward buy her a car". I smiled and looked away from him. He smiled. "Yeah. She's not a big present or surprise party kind of girl". I reminded him. He laughed.
   "Oh I remember". Jasper grinned. I rolled my eyes and laughed at him. "I should get going.." Jasper moved his lips to my neck and brushed them against my skin.
  "Jasper I have to go. Charlie is expecting me". I pulled my neck from his lips. Then I brought mine to his. "I love you". I whispered to him. 
   "I love you too". He said as I walked away from him and back to my car.