Chapter 11

"Hey Avery honey!" Charlie said as I glanced up at him.
  "What happened?" I questioned rubbing my head. Charlie let out a sigh and helped me up.
   "You just zoned out and almost hit your head after what I told you". He replied. "Are you okay?"
     I pulled myself from him and hid the tears running down my face from him. "Yeah dad. Hey I'm going to go for a walk. I'll have Bella come back later to get the rest of my stuff". Before Charlie could utter another word I raced out the front door. I never told him about Josh. I couldn't bring myself to after the pain and saddens that mom had gone through. Bella and Renee were the only ones, besides the Cullen's that knew. I knew telling him would destroy him. Hearing that his little girl was abused and hurt would cause him so much hurt and I didn't want to do that to him of all people. He was supposed to be looking forward to walking his youngest daughter down the aisle. Not hearing that she was abused by something that he trusted.
           I wrapped my arms around me as I sat down on a fallen tree. The forest felt like the best place to be at this moment. It was ever changing and growing. It was peacefully calm and yet so majestic. The snapping of twigs made me tense up. I stood up as a pair of large brown wolves stood before me at eye level. I began to wipe the tears from my eyes as the smaller of the two nudged his nose my shoulder. Right away I recognized him as Seth. I smiled and rubbed his ears. "Hey Seth". I said as he nodded his head to show that he understood me. The larger wolf I knew was Jacob within a heartbeat. He sat down beside me and laid his head on my lap.
   "Look Jacob I'm not your pillow". I laughed. He rolled over and tired to lay his entire body on me. "Hey Jacob you're too heavy for me". I giggled pushing him off me. He then nudged his nose to my cheek as if he was trying to kiss me in his wolf form. Shaking my head I rubbed his ears too.
   "Thanks for cheering me up you guys". I smiled pulling their heads closer to me. They both nodded. "Seth I'll text you later, but could you give me and Jacob a minute?" I questioned him. He locked eyes with Jacob then ran off. I sighed then I placed my hand on his paw.
   "Jacob I know that you don't like Jasper, but compared to the guy I was with before him you'd probably wouldn't hate him so much". He starred into mine. His eyes were so calm like he was really listening to me and not just growling.
   "This is really hard to tell you". I breathed in as Jacob once again nudged his nose at my cheek. I smiled. "before I was with Jasper I was in another relationship with a guy who I thought cared about me, but....that turned out to be the exact opposite". I shook my head as a few tears leaked down from eyes. I could hear the whimpers coming from Jaco as he listened.
   "He abused me Jacob". I cried. "He would hit me across the face if I didn't do what he said and it was horrible". I knew telling him this was hurting him, but I had to explain to him why Jasper was good for me.
   "When I came here and I got to know Jasper he lifted me into a new world. I started to feel better about myself. And threw loving him I learned to love myself again. He was and is my light". He nodded his head as I smiled.
   "So you see, I can't chose you Jacob". I said. He nudged me again and I knew that he understood.