Chapter 17

I couldn't take it. I had come so far and now everything that I had worked so hard to achieve was going to fall apart. I had gone through so much to get to where I am today. I just wanted to be happy with Jasper and live a life that I wanted. Opening the door to our cottage I pulled on my sweater and curled up on the couch.
   "Avery..." the sadness in his voice was something that I never wanted for him. Glancing up I saw him on the ground. He looked hurt. I stepped off the couch and kneeled down next to him. Then I wrapped my body around his.
  "Will figure this out". I told him still unsure of what was going to happen. That was all I could tell him. I didn't know what else to say. He was just as upset about all of this as I was.
  "I love you". I whispered before he brought his lips to mine. He then did something that was unexpected.
He said, "Maybe we should cancel the wedding". I shook my head.
No no. What was Jasper saying?!? We were not going to cancel the wedding.
   "What are you talking about? We can't cancel our wedding!" I couldn't believe this. I wasn't going to believe it! This was so unlike him. Didn't he love me anymore?
  "I don't want you to get hurt!" He uttered to me.
  "Jasper...I'm scared and I'm worried about what's going to happen too, but I don't want to cancel our wedding". I explained to him holding his face to mine.
  "Avery-"
  "Don't Avery me. Dammit Jasper". Tears began to stream down my flustered cheeks. "I have been through hell before and now I have found something good in my life and I won't let it go without a fight!" I shouted at him cupping my hands over my face. I let all the tears out as I felt two arms embrace me.
   "I'm sorry. I did not mean to make you so angry". He apologized as I let out a large sigh.
  "Well you did". I spoke wiping the tears away with my hands.
  "God being a teenager in love is so damn hard". I chuckled as did Jasper. "But worth it". I added linking my arms around the back of his neck. He then laid his hands on my hips.
"I promise you with every being in my heart we will get through this". I promised him. "Not sure how, but we will". With that Jasper brought his face to mine. While the coldness of his touch did bring shivers down my spine I knew that I also felt a shot of warmth from it. I felt safe and comfortable in his arms. It was a feeling that I had ever felt before and I wasn't about to let that feeling go. I wanted it to stay with me forever. I wanted him to stay with me forever.
   "I know and no matter what I will protect you". He insisted. I sighed.
   "I know you will, but maybe I could protect you for a change-" I hinted to him.
Jasper shook his head. I knew he wouldn't be happy with me bringing up the whole I was going to be immortal like him thing, but Alice had seen it happening and her visions about me never changed. So it was set in stone whether he liked it or not.
  "No". He shouted.
   "Jasper Alice has seen it happen!" I reminded him.
   "Her visions can change". He also reminded us. I shook my head.
I inched closer. "I'm Bella's sister. Her visions are not going to change for me because I know what I want". I explained to him.
  "You want to become a monster like me". He growled. I shook my head and brought my hands to his cheeks.
  "No. I want to be with you forever". I said. "Jasper your not a monster and don't ever think that for one second!"
   "But I am Avery". He insisted
  "You hunt animals not humans. If anyone here is a monster it's Josh. He hurts people. He has hurt people. Whether he was human or vampire he hurt so many people".
  "Maybe we are the-"
"DONT you ever compare yourself to him Jasper!" I yelled cutting him off.
  "You are so much better then him. Your kind, caring, loving and for one you don't abuse others".
As he smiled he said, "How did I end up with such a wonderful fiancé?" My cheeks changed in color.
  "I should be asking you that same question". I smirked.

I just love writing these types of chapters so much. I just love Avery and Jasper as a couple so much. They are really meant for each other. They have both been through tough times and together they are stronger. They are a team.